Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

IAT relocation success!

Corvette
1986 Bright Red Coupe
Got extremely irritated at my inability to reach the lower connector for the IAT/MAT sensor, coupled with the realization that the sensor harness connector was not the same as the connector on the other end of the harness, so my plans to make an extension cable wouldn't have worked.

Time for Plan B (tm). Man's best friend - a wire coat hanger. Bent the end and used it to hook the connectors under the distributor and disconnect them, then widened the hook to hold one connector in place while I was able to snap the new cable onto it (at this point, Sothpaw arrived just in time to hold the flashlight). Working under the distributor is *not* fun.

Anyway, it's done, and thanks for help/suggestions from the crowd on my earlier thread of frustration.
[RICHR]

Wait until you have to get at the connector for the EGR sensor. It's down there behind the distributor and next to impossible to dis-connect/re-connect with the distributor in place. :eyerole

_ken :w

Actually, for whatever reason, the EGR connector is fairly accessible on the passenger side. I traced it back yesterday while looking to see if I could get the MAT one from that side as well. I have a feeling that when my engine was pulled (freeze plugs) the wires went back nowhere near their original locations.
[RICHR]

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom