Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ID of QJet #48518 E3 mfg. by Carter

TWINRAY

Corvette
'67 Goodwood Green Coupe, '69 Lemans Blue Roadster
I'm cannot find specifications for this carb. I have the Rochester spec sheet but those are for GM mfg carb's with the 7 digit 702xxxx number. This carb was put on my '69 around 1974 to replace the Holly spread bore that was on it. Unfortunitly, when I bought it, it didn't have the original carb on it. I'm rebuilding it to put on my ZZ4 motor (355hp) that I put in the car. I'm "resting" the oem motor (350/300) for the time being. This carb has #67 main jets, 38B primary rods, AN secondary rods and an "H" hanger. From preliminary readings, it looks like I will replace them with #73 main jets and DA secondary rods - but I have a lot more reading to do before I buy new parts. Getting back to my original question, is there a spec sheet for Carter Manufactured Q Jets?

IMG_4447.jpg

Thanks Andy for the reply - yup, seems to be the same type question. I'll look carefully again and see if the "8" is really an "S". After looking at a chart of Q-Jets producted, I see that back when the carb was replaced (by a :ugh "Service Station) they put the manual transmission version one on my TH400 equipped 350/300. Maybe for the better cause the "38" B Primary rods are richer than those for the automatic.:w

Regards, Fred

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom