Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

if you were to buy rims what would you get?

EVIL_GRIM:
Why pay that much for a set of wheels that aren't chrome, and will require constant up-keep (re-polishing)?
Get yourself a set of the same wheels that are already used, but in fairly good condition, even at $100/each. Then, get 'em chromed for $135 each...
You'll be ahead money-wise, and have CHROMED wheels, too!!!
Just my $.02 worth.....

I'm with Glengages...I want C5 rims on my '75...how to get the look without offset trailing arms, spacers, and a near fortune! If anyone has a good combo let me know.

randy:
I asked this question before (maybe on another Forum) as to why none of the big after-market wheel manufacturers haven't made a 'true' bolt-on C4 and C5 wheels for our C3s?
With all the CNC-technology, it shouldn't be THAT hard to 'cut-out' some wheels, correct???
If we was 'Monster Garage', they'da been sitting outside our doors LAST WEEK!!!!!

johnd said:
I have a set of stock 81 rims for sale now that I have my TQII's give ya a good deal if you want them.

John D.
There ya go: '81 aluminum wheels, ready to be chrome-plated, straight from Title-town, U.S.A.!!!

arent those wheels i showed you chrome already or am i missing something here cuz the link says they are triple chrome plated. well i suppose i could get the same reprod. rims i have now for like $500 for the set and chrome em, and that would be cheaper. hmmm thanks for your $.02 cents...i think you gave me more like $2 dollars worth, w00h00.:BOW

thnx to all

EVIL_GRIM said:
arent those wheels i showed you chrome already or am i missing something

EVIL_GRIM:
You are correct; I was wrong.
:duh
A guy I know recently got a new set of the aluminum wheels from a major Corvette-vendor that WEREN'T chrome-plated; when I 'glanced' at your link, I thought " Those are the same wheels my buddy got, and they WEREN'T chromed!!!"
:Buttslap
Good choice; I think you'll really like them!!!!!

i think ill like em too, but i think i like your idea better where u said to buy a cheap pair in good condition and chrome them. i found a place on this website for some vette salvage thingy and they had a set of rims like mine for $500. and then chroming them would cost what, 135 like u said and *poof* $1040 vs $1400. i think your idea is much better. :)

i know this is not the place to post this in some1 else's thread, but could anyone who looks at this find my thread called: 1979 Rear Window Molding and possibly give me a solution?

EVIL_GRIM said:
i think ill like em too, but i think i like your idea better where u said to buy a cheap pair in good condition and chrome them. i found a place on this website for some vette salvage thingy and they had a set of rims like mine for $500. and then chroming them would cost what, 135 like u said and *poof* $1040 vs $1400. i think your idea is much better. :)
Remember to include the cost of center caps & lug-nuts.
If any CAC-members want the name of the place in D.C. that chromed my wheels, please let me know.....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom