Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

If you've got the gift as a photographer...

Nice photo Bob... it looks as though your Vette is a standout in a sea of cars and Vettes. :cool

Thanks for the tip on Photoshop Elements too.

:wJane Ann

photoshop hint

did you know that every photo that comes out of a digital camera is for the most part soft?

with PS you can sharpen the image by going to FILTERS. Pressing SHARPEN. Then click on UNSHARP MASK.

I usually have the AMOUNT set anywhere between 100 and 200. Depending on what film speed the shot was taken. If it was taken at a high ISO you can not go as hig as the "film grain" begins to get accentuated.

Radius around 1.0

Threshold 0 or very near 0.

If you haven't tried to sharpen your photos, try it....depending on what effect you are trying to get it wil bring more "sharpness" to the photo.....

Good suggestion. I'll give it a try. There is so much in the Photoshop product that if you don't do it for a living you don't have time do discover everything that it can do.

I keep a lot of my photos on Sony Imagestation in several albums. Once I post them I can click on edit image and then auto fix. It sharpens them and adjusts the color and contrast ect. You also have the option of adjusting the sharpness ect. manually. You can go too far though so make sure you like the result before saving.

I also play with Photoshop 7.0. I think it is called auto levels there that does the same thing. I have to admitt that I have this great software but have played with it very little. I have friends that can do amazing things with it. I haven't mastered layers yet and just don't have the time to do it. I'd like to change the color of my truck and try some different paint schemes on it before I decide what I want to do.

I keep a lot of my photos on Sony Imagestation in several albums. Once I post them I can click on edit image and then auto fix. It sharpens them and adjusts the color and contrast ect. You also have the option of adjusting the sharpness ect. manually. You can go too far though so make sure you like the result before saving.

I also play with Photoshop 7.0. I think it is called auto levels there that does the same thing. I have to admitt that I have this great software but have played with it very little. I have friends that can do amazing things with it. I haven't mastered layers yet and just don't have the time to do it. I'd like to change the color of my truck and try some different paint schemes on it before I decide what I want to do.
Autolevels is a way to lighten up a photo. If your photo is under exposed, with LEVELS you can manually lighten the photo. Sometimes I will find that Autolevel does nothing, but if I go to LEVELS and manually move the slider that is on the far right slightly to the left, I can take an under exposed photo and make it just about perfect or at least to my liking.

Under exposed photos can almost always be made better. If you have an oever exposed photo you are basically screwed. Think of it as BURNED in, burned in as in No longer salvagable!

Sometimes when I am taking photos in low light and I am worried about shake or motion blur, I will on purpose under expose the shot. In this case if I am shooting in RAW, I can really save the photo during the conversion process.

There are a lot of little tricks you can do with digital to get a shot that is decent.

has anyone tried layering? or cutting and pasting photos together?

Great Photos!

I just came across this thread and am so impressed. I shoot a lot of photos and usually only save about a quarter of them. I'm not in the same class as most of you but here are a few shots taken a few months ago at Pittsburgh's Vintage Grand Prix and car show. My original shots were 3 MB files. I'm hoping what I've done to get them to post doesn't deteriorate the quality too much.

Nice group of Vettes.

Nice pics Stemmer. I especially like the '55 wagon. It almost looks original at first glance. Also the '36 three window is a work of art.

Tom

Hi Stemmer,
These are fabulous photos indeed. If you'd be willing to share, was this done by setting a particular aperature setting or did you do some Photoshop wizardry to make the cars pop like that?
Thanks, Tony C.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom