Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

If you've got the gift as a photographer...

Hi Stemmer,
These are fabulous photos indeed. If you'd be willing to share, was this done by setting a particular aperature setting or did you do some Photoshop wizardry to make the cars pop like that?
Thanks, Tony C.

I use a Photoshop type app named Paintshop Pro to blur the background....

Very nice shots, Bob. I adore those old British sports cars.

I've been quietly looking for the right Healey for several years. :)

There were some beauties out there today. I lot of old triumphs. The just didn't have what the angles and chrome to stand out like these did.

I don't think there were any Healeys.

DSCN4110.jpg

The kid is cute, tree on Vette not sure about that.:eek:hnoes
Hey it was Chrismas and my grand daughter wanted to cut down a tree. What was I supposed to do? ;shrug

Besides, the tag explains it. :)

What a great thread! Two of my favorite subjects, Corvettes and photographing them.

Corvette badging has some real potential for great photos. Many prefer the earlier badges, such as:

But I think the C5 identification can also look great:

The "Corvette Sting Ray" script on the rear of the mid years cars can be spectacular:

I've taken quite a few like this and it's hard to choose my favorite. The blue in the bottom right is actually the sky reflected off the bumper.

All hail the digital camera, as it opened up many possibilities for us amateur photo bugs. I know purists (photo types) may disagree but I don't care. Consider the following: I set my Nikon D70 to "continuous" mode, which takes about two photos a second. I was at a 'vette show in Sandy Eggo and a strong breeze was blowing a flag with a collection of Corvettes in the background. I just stood there while the camera took a series of about 40 or 50 shots. I then was able to choose the one with the flag in just the right position. If I had a film camera, I probably would not have experimented like that as it would have cost too much!

Some of these photos are available as computer wallpaper on my Corvette wallpaper site at http://web-cars.com/corvette/wallpaper_vette.php. BTW, those photos are listed there in order of popularity and the Corvette banner example is number one.

You can click on any of these images to view a larger photo.

I have more at my Corvette site at http://web-cars.com/corvette/. I can also post more if there is interest.

I like to use a ladder, this pic isn't the greatest but it is a downward look on the car.

57s.jpg

Or,

Tour004.jpg

I like to see the hood.

I also like my inside shot while driving, kinda like a route 66 TV pic.

driver.jpg

Bob

What a great thread! Two of my favorite subjects, Corvettes and photographing them.

But I think the C5 identification can also look great:

The "Corvette Sting Ray" script on the rear of the mid years cars can be spectacular:

I have more at my Corvette site at http://web-cars.com/corvette/. I can also post more if there is interest.

Very nicely done. Yes, please do post more. :upthumbs

That 57 was a car that I had just added dual fours to the engine. It is owned by a guy from Belleville Ontario. I thought they kinda looked good together.

Bob

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom