Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ignition shield kit.

Nobody Cares

Corvette
red 81, orange 74 vert. , 80 claret,69 chevy pu
Would anyone have pix of the lower left and right hand side chrome ignition shields? have put the whole new ignition kit on a 74 vert. Got the brackets , top shild and wire shields on but not sure where the bottom heat shield bolt to. No instructions came with kit. Thnx dave

I do realize that your '74 is quite different than my '81, as I've seen the chrome covers and my '81 factory cover is of plastic and lined w/ some sort of fiber metal/plastic screen type combo.
I always thought that the reason f/ these covers over the distributor were there to eliminate noise/static in the radio, but I find no difference w/ or w/o. If anyone of you guys have any other info as to the reason these shields are there from the factory, please enlighten me. Mine is currently on the shelf w/ my vacuum and compression gauges. timing light and other fragile automotive tools. Thanks in advance and I hope I didn't in any way side track the original post.

The assembly instruction manual (AIM) shows the installation of the ignition shielding. Order the AIM.

If memory serves, the V shields on each side of the engine mount to the block and to the lower wire looms on each side.

:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom