Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Im Back In Action!!

400hp_76

Corvette
Black 1976 STINGRAY cpe, T-tops
Finished up saturday putting the new motor in. All in all went together smoothly. Came out spending just a dab over 1200 bucks. $600 for the shortblock and $610 for the heads. And you ask a shortblock for 600 bucks? In short,Close cousin, extreme amount of money. Saw him put the block together. It has a better rotating assembly than my last block. forged steel crank this time and hyperuetectic pistons. My last block was all cast. The heads were milled and i had them polish the valve bowls. I gasket matched and polished the intake ports on the heads and intake manifold. Put the cam at the correct centerline 104 centerline(or 4deg advance) It had been at 0 in my last block. Timeing is stationary at 38total until i dyno it in. It feels actually feels stronger this time around. I guess third motor is a charm right? Lost a little compression because of my 72cc heads and the pistons in the new block were with 64 cc. But because of the head being milled and the higher compression with the 64cc heads it will be right around what it was. Tires go on this week(kumho supra 712s). Best for the buck in my opinion. And after that its up for sale. ANY TAKERS!!

Selling? D'oh! :( Are you trading up or something? :confused

--Bullitt

I have the corvette and a 98 firebird. My plans are to sell both and get either a 97,98 corvette or a factory five type 65 coupe. Its gonna be hard tho

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom