Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I'm replacing the rear wheel bearings. What else should I do?

J

jdads2

As long as I am there what else should I do?. The car is a 1981 with 74,000 miles. Under body is in very good condition. I plan on replacing bushings and grommets with polyurethane and upgrading the shocks and spring to a more touring suspension. Any thoughts on a suspension kit or manufacturer?

Next project is replacing/upgrading the front end.

Thanks,

Dave

T

TONY TAT2

Just "use anti seize" when ya r & r anything,,,ya never know when ya might have to take it apart again.

barrier5

Corvette
1982 bright blue coupe
Rebuild the emergency brake with the stainless steel kit,you wont regreat it as it's a real pain to work on with the hub in place.

G

gb4622

Sounds like you pretty much have everything covered from a suspension standpoint.

The only other thing I might suggest is to replace the u-joints and maybe change the differential fluid.

As Tony mentioned, use anit-seize when you put 'er back together. I always use a dab of grease (instead of anti-seize) and it does the job just the same.

J

jdads2

Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to use the "anti-seize" and a replacement of break parts does make excellent sense.

Dave

mmvette80

Three words for the suspension kits. Vette Brakes & Products. Their quality of products kills everyone else.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom