Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I'm replacing the rear wheel bearings. What else should I do?

J

jdads2

As long as I am there what else should I do?. The car is a 1981 with 74,000 miles. Under body is in very good condition. I plan on replacing bushings and grommets with polyurethane and upgrading the shocks and spring to a more touring suspension. Any thoughts on a suspension kit or manufacturer?

Next project is replacing/upgrading the front end.

Thanks,

Dave

Just "use anti seize" when ya r & r anything,,,ya never know when ya might have to take it apart again.

Rebuild the emergency brake with the stainless steel kit,you wont regreat it as it's a real pain to work on with the hub in place.

Sounds like you pretty much have everything covered from a suspension standpoint.

The only other thing I might suggest is to replace the u-joints and maybe change the differential fluid.

As Tony mentioned, use anit-seize when you put 'er back together. I always use a dab of grease (instead of anti-seize) and it does the job just the same.

Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to use the "anti-seize" and a replacement of break parts does make excellent sense.

Dave

Three words for the suspension kits. Vette Brakes & Products. Their quality of products kills everyone else.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom