Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Importing 1996 C4 into Canada

Z

z28redline

Hi,
I'm new to the forum and I'm looking for information on importing a 1996 Corvette in Canada from the USA. I was wondering if anyone has done this and knows what modfications are nesscary to make the car meet our current laws. I know the cars has daytime running lights and you can convert the dash between imperial and metric but is there anything else?

Thanks in advance,

z28redline

Thanks for the link 67HEAVEN. I read that document but I was wondering if anyone who has done it with a C4 could give me the heads up on things I'm going to have to change. I found out that I'll have to change the emissions and airbag saftey notices to be both french and english but I know theres got to be more. Anything helps.

z28redline

You shouldn't need any modifications. For all information necessary, visit www.riv.ca (registrar of motor vehicles). I imported my 1992 three years ago from Houston, Texas. I had to add a daytime running lights module to pass federal inspection but that's it.

You shouldn't need any modifications. For all information necessary, visit www.riv.ca (registrar of motor vehicles). I imported my 1992 three years ago from Houston, Texas. I had to add a daytime running lights module to pass federal inspection but that's it.

I too imported a 93 from Texas 5 years ago. I was lucky and didnt have to add the daytime running lights as the inspector just asked me if it was equiped with them and I said "yes". Once you import you new car into Canada you have 30 days to report to Canadian Tire (the only place licensed to do this) for an inspection. The inspector from CT looks your car over to make sure it conforms to the Canadian Standards...checks VIN, emission decals, daytime running lights, bumper impact laws, child safety seat restraint ect. The inspection takes about 5 mins.

TAXES, Safety Cert, Plates, Insurance and your Done!
:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom