Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! In need of Rochester Quadrajet for my 1974 454

marks74vett

Corvette
1974 Red Convertible
I have an Edelbrock carburetor Model 1411 750 on my 74 454 Automatic and not having very good luck. I have not modified anything on the engine and was told by Edelbrock support that the 1411 will not work on my car without changing intake manifold and hood. His suggestion was go back to original Rochester unless I wanted to change manifold and hood. I would prefer to keep it as original as possible since I have original engine and I really like the lines on the original hood. It's just a driver and would like to get her back on the road before summer ends here.

I live in the Denver Colorado area and would like to find a rebuilt Rochester Quadrajet or a good after market? Any suggestions would be great. Did a little searching and found I need to put back on a 7044225. Also did some research about after market carbs and found 2 companies: United and Tomco. Any thoughts on these two brands?

Thanks for your help in advance. :cool!:

Mark

Does that mean no one else will or can reply to this. Can I change category away from Help? I'd really like some help with this project.

Thanks

Does that mean no one else will or can reply to this. Can I change category away from Help? I'd really like some help with this project.

Thanks
The "Help" forum is for assistance using the forum's many features, name changes and so forth. Rob moved you into the C3 Forum. Hopefully one of the local experts will give you a hand shortly.

Cheers!

-Mac

Hmmm... you might be in luck... One of the best rebuilders of Corvette carbs, bar none, lives in Denver and he's a member of the CAC although he hasn't been posting much of late. View Profile: lars - Corvette Action Center and I would suggest sending him either a PM or an email.

-Mac

+1 on contacting Lars Grimsrud as Mac suggests. Use email.

Unless you're going after judging awards, you don't need a number or date correct carb. Generally speaking, just about any qjet can be configured to suit your engine perfectly.

Yes but only after extensive recalibration on a non 454carb.

+1 on contacting Lars Grimsrud as Mac suggests. Use email.

Unless you're going after judging awards, you don't need a number or date correct carb. Generally speaking, just about any qjet can be configured to suit your engine perfectly.

Mac Thanks for the info on looking for Lars. I have read a couple of his articles before. It would be great to find him. Sounds like he likes barley soda's.

Looks like the carb number is specific to engines and I might as well find the right one then have someone such as Lars or another knowledgeable guy rebuild it for me. I've rebuilt 3 carbs before with no problems but not sure if I want to tackle this one. Also the next guy after me with this car might be particular about numbers.

For everyone that has chimed in on this so far -Thank you

O yeah Mac - Thanks for the explanation on "Help" forum. Newbie's huh????

O yeah Mac - Thanks for the explanation on "Help" forum. Newbie's huh????
I'm glad to help. No-one is born knowing everything with the possible exception of my ex-wife... :chuckle

-Mac

I'm glad to help. No-one is born knowing everything with the possible exception of my ex-wife... :chuckle

-Mac
Mac, it sounds like you fall into the "the more I find out about women, the better I like my car", category :L
Andy :w

Mac, it sounds like you fall into the "the more I find out about women, the better I like my car", category :L
Andy :w
I'm determined to be better not bitter... :)

-Mac

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom