Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Info On Changing 5 speed trans fluid?

D

Dr C5 Corvette

Had the 2000 on the lift and saw a fill plug on the side of the trans and also what looks like like a drain plug how do you fill it from that location? also whats the best fluid to use ie: smoother shifts, cooler temps thanks Dr C5~
ps have 54k on the trans

I use Mobil 1 trans fluid in my 6-speed. It is just fine and I wanted the superior heat protection. Shifts seem a little smoother but then again after I did that I added a C6 shifter.

Draining is easier than filling for sure! You can get the bottle hose that screws on the end of the bottles, that makes it easier. I did not have one and winged it, carefully and slowly.

Most parts stores sell a small plastic pump that screws directly to the bottle with a short piece of hose attached. The popular synthetics will work well - Mobil 1, Royal Purple, Amsoil etc.

Thanks for the tip...............Dr c5

I use a "turkey baster" looks kinda like a grease gun with a hose attached, you suck the oil out of the can and push on the plunger to fill it; don't know what the proper name is for it but any major tool store or auto store ought to have one.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom