Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

injectors

Eagle, first let me say that I find TPIS a pretty good source of info and they do seem to know what they are talking about . There are other sources that are reputable . I'm using most of there products so it makes sense to me to work with them . Also the flow chart is a little decieving. I think the flows are more of a minimum than max. I,m running 425+hp,they are having me use the 24# as I stated @ about 44psi. It will very depending on the tuning. I think the smaller injector is the way to go. I believe they will be more efficent and better controled by the commputor and will diliver a better spray pattern when pushed with a little more psi. Just MHO.
ok,Myengine is a 30 over 383. Air Flow Research heads ,ported and polished. I have the ported plentum, Tpis siamesed big tube runners and the Big Mouth manifold. 58 mm thottle body. Comp cam and roller rockers . No EGR , AIR pump eliminator and no smog controls. Tpis coated headers and flowmaster exhaust. I just got it running last week and am going to buy the scanner to read the computor and be able to communicate with TPIS for the tunning process.

Whew....4 and a quarter huh? That is kinda in the direction I am headed. I have the ported and polished plenum, Edelbrock runners and a p/p intake. 1.52/1 roller rockers, waiting on the throttle body. New 24# injectors, adjustable fuel regulator, 8.8mm accel wires, super coil, all new stainless Borla exhaust 2.5", added the air foil and opened the air lid. Added the Hypertech stage one chip.
The biggest kick in the pants came with the chip. Once I get the rest on I am looking forward to seeing how it will run. Oh forgot to mention the new SZ-50's all around. Installed all new carpet, new roof...neighbors kid me about rebuilding the whole car. My guess is they have never been bit by the Corvette bug. But hey I am going on 50...time to have toys again.

Thanks for the reply.:w

I know what you mean about the bug:eyerole
Sounds like you should have a pretty nice running car. You.ve done the right stuff without making it complicated.
I rebuilt the entire suspension with poly and a new rack, bearings and shocks. I've only drove the car 4 times since I bought it in december. It had a bad clutch so I realy wont be able to compare the perfomance. I did drive my buddys 88 auto though and he let me wring it out pretty good. What a blast!!...I hope to buy the Richmond 6 sp next year . We'll see...Oh yea i turned 52 a couple of weeks ago.:) I'm going to play awhile and then hope to retire with a C5. ( I think I lost a whole C5's worth in the stock market in my retirement account :cry)
Keep us posted on your mods .

Ok lets try something else.

If your harness is GOOD and your not leaking from the Injection seals.

Try

Checking for vaccum leaks
Fuel pressure
IAC motor
TPS setting
MAF condition
ECM Codes
Condition of Ignition system
Is it possibe you may have to upgrade your ignition for the wide mouth injectors?

Try those if you have a problem after that I have NO idea unless Im forgeting something.

Hell guys I think I'll go back to the 60s Vetts. At least I know what points condenser and a four barrell carb are.
Make sure my injectors are no leaking?Check my IAC motor??TPS setting??MAF condition??ECM codes?? Put a new chip in the prom??and then I may have to upgrade the ignition?? I didn't want to go back to school guys. I just went to the Prom and picked up a Chip made sure my injector wasn't leaking and put the chip in the Vett and it didn't run any better.
So where is the book to understand all this ****.??

Phil

OK, I'll bite

Forgive my 'inexperience" here, but WHAT IN THE &^** is TPIS???
I can figure out the TPI part (Tuned Port Injection) but the S??? And if it's an online forum or website, could someone please leave me the url ??

Thanks,

:confused

ROFL I know what you guys mean I was overwhelmed at first to when I bought my car. Just pick up a decent GM code reader that will probably be a good start.

TPS <-- Throttle Position Sensor
TPI <--- Tuned Port Injection
IAC <-- Idle air control (er?)
MAF <--- Mass air flow ((Sensor))
02 <-- Oxygen Sensor
Knock <-- You keep on knockin but you can't come in! :L

As for the codes most of us have the Decoding page also you can find it on the internet fairly easy.

Sorry Bro these cars have LOTSA wires and electric dohickey and thingamajig's. But after awhile of tackling these things they can become fairly easy

Good Luck

There are other people here that are alot more knowledgable than I am I know enough to get by thats all.

Remember

That you want to BALANCE between the injector flow & the limits of control on the ECM

the ECM cannot make 50% corrections... more like 10-20% in the mix... so if you get big honkin injectors the ECM will lean the car out...to a point... then all bet's are off!

WHY DO YA THINK THEY MAKE SO MANY DIFFERENT INJECTORS!

( besides wanting to sell you something "better")

Most Hi-Po stuff sold at speed shops when installed improperly hurts the cars actual preformance...WHY DO YOU THINK THERE"S SO MUCH 2'nd hand STUFF IN THE RECYCLER!!!!!!

Vig!

I agree with VIGMAN! From my experience, unless you do some major internal mods like cams, heads etc then you should stay within the OEM specs +/- in the fuel delivery department. Just dumping in more fuel without adding more air only causes problems and a definite decrease in performance. Air-fuel ratios are critical for top performance.

Thank YOU

Stock ROCKS

Unless your Ken...or Chris ...or Shadow( DOH )

And can afford all the correct mods to upgrade your engine from stem to stern.

Vig!

STOCK RULES! I like the ride and performance of my 86' Coupe just the way the General built it. No internal engine mods or special chips, just a free flowing exhaust, and this baby can still smoke those tires quite impressivly and take a curve like it's riding on rails! Why mess with perfection? But alas, if we didn't have people trying to find ways to squeeze a little more performance out of their cars then this forum would only be half of what it is!

But what if

...my Dad is a TV repairman and he has this ultimate set of tools and can fix anything so what if I could build this ultimate set of injectors, would I get like 8 billion horsepower out of it and like dust me a viper and like be the envy of all my friend?hehe

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.:D

I think not.

I agree that stock ROCKS :_rock BUT, if ya wanna ROLL :bu , Ya gotta be willing to "pay to play" :)

It can be a hassle and I wondered if it was worth it in the beginning . But now that I starting to understand the system better its getting easier . Selecting the the right parts is paramont.

I spent the whole day sunday working on the car. I was checking my codes and had a 51 , which is the prom. I thought oh no . not the prom, the $575 one. :eek. Well I took it apart and found that the installer(me) must have been a little hasty . It had a bent pin. I bent it back and reinstalled, carefully, The code went away and it ran great. I'm still battling a little bit of a high idle ,but after talking to TPIS today , they gave me some info on idle control motor , ICS I believe and they told me how to check it . it wont give a code if it's not working. But at least at this point I have no codes and I'm getting real close to getting it savvy enough to take it on the road and scan the process . It's kinda frustrating, but it is fun and challenging.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom