Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Injectors.

scotch1

Corvette
1994 convert. 2002 C5 coupe
Took a reading of my injectors, six were 16 ohms +/-.
One was 10 ohms, another 6 ohms.
Is this still in the normal range or do they require replacing.
Tom

Sounds like two bad injectors. Most that I've checked are between 14.6 ~ 16.2 ohms. There are several places that can clean/refurb/match sets. I think Edmond may be able to help you with a name or two.

:w

Scotch1, do you find the the car idles fine when cold but misses when warm ?
I had two injectors with low ohmage, had that problem, also wanted to come off idle with a jump in gear. Replace the injectors and all was fine. I should have replaced them all because now I think I have another going bad.

Glenn

I sent mine to TPIS. They did a fantastic job. Made a difference in performance and they weren't all that bad however, the flow rate and flow pattern increased.

Thanks G. Winter, Yes, poor idle, hesitation, poor response, and poor gas mileage led me to investigate the injectors.
What does it take to remove the injectors?
Tom.

Thanks Robertwav1, sounds like a good idea to me, didn't know that they could be rebuilt!
Was it expensive?
Can a local shop do the work?
Where can I find TPIS?
New injectors range from $300 to over $700.
Tom.

TPIS.com, call them, their turn around time....I sent them on Monday air, and had them back by Friday. Around $150 or $180....something like that...air freight inclusive. Sent a nice bluprint of before and after also.

Thanks!
Called TPIS, they said can't rebuild out of spec (which mine are) bad injectors, just clean and adjust. Suggested I replace with new, I agreed.
New will run $360, plus $20 for O-ring seals, Plus S&H.
Very helpful, and nice.
Sounded a bit expensive to me, still shopping around though.

Is Bosch that much betters then Eccel?
Tom.

www.fiveomotorsport.com has pretty good prices on replacement sets. Or they can help you out if you are looking to upgrade.

I've heard horror stories about Accel injectors. I've actually got a set of 30 lb. Accels never installed in the box that I bought before I heard some complaints, I'd be willing to get rid of, cheap.

Hrtbeat1.
Thanks, called Five-o, talked to Bruce, very nice, very helpful, best price for Bosch. $309.00 complete, including O-ring and S&H.
Don't know if your 30 lb Accels would be good for my stock L98??
Wouldn't it use too much gas?
Tom.

The plenum and the runners have to come off. If you have never done it before it will take some time. When I did mine I also replaced the intake gasket due to a small valley leak. If you have a digital camera. Take pictures from start. May save some frustration as to routing of lines and wires.Also keep track of which bolts go where ,they are not all the same length.

Glenn

Nawwww I wouldn't do that to anyone. I planned using them with the heads and cam swap for my '90. I will still use them and see for myself, who knows I might get lucky.

Injectors

I had the same problem with my 90 stock L-98...low resistance on 2 injectors. The symptoms were poor gas mileage, intermittant service engine light (Code 45-Rich exhaust) and a loping idle. My solution was to install Accell 24lbs. as a spring project. I ran the car this summer and it has never run better. Light off, gas mileage up, smooth idle. :)

gmboileau.
I expect to receive my new injectors by mid week around the 25th. I'll install them by the weekend.
Wish me luck.
Tom.

gmboileau.
I expect to receive my new injectors by mid week around the 25th. I'll install them by the weekend.
Wish me luck.
Tom.

Did you order them from Five-O? Beware if they are the Ford injectors. They are shorter than the stock Bosch injectors. I didn't like the fit and returned them.

Thanks.
Hmmmm! Please tell me more Eddie. I know nothing about injectors.
Just ripped my motor apart, took off the plenum, intake, and fuel rails and removed the injectors.
Received my new injectors from Five-O and just compared old to new.
New is yellow looks about the same. New has a Ford logo on it. Does that make it wrong?
The old has a pintle type of nozzle. New has a tiny wafer with little holes in it. Old one is gray new is yellow.
Electrical connections are the same.
The new type looks like it will reach further as the tip is a little longer!
Any info would be helpful.
Tom.

The problem I had with the ones I got from Five-O was the length from O-ring to O-ring. The locking clips also did not fit. When I installed them in the rail and put the rail on the intake, they would not seat fully. Bruce tried to tell me they would work but I didn't buy it.

If` the clips will fit the ones you got and if they will seat fully in the intake, they will probably be OK. I don't remember what year your car is, but my 86 came with 22# injectors. I wouldn't put anything else in a stock engine. You would have to massage chip to make it right. Hope this helps.

Hi.
Good. Thanks.
Now that you mentioned it, I see on the new ones that O-ring to O-ring are a little shorter then my old ones.
Also, Bruce told me that these injectors didn't need locking rings,

What did you finally do? What did you finally end up installing?
I have a stock L98.
Tom.

I sent those back and had mine cleaned and tested by witchhunter.com. They flow test them before and after and did a great job.

Installed one injector into the fuel rail, then tried to install the whole rail onto the manifold, but it would not completely seat, too short, I see what you mean ..

The fuel rail sits on mounts and cannot go any further,
This morning l will return them. I will have to call Five -O.
This really ****es me off!
Tom.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom