Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Inspecting a 2000 Coupe - What am I missing?

reading every single post in the C5 For Sale threads on Corvette Action Center, Corvette Forum, and Digital Corvettes.
And going thru every possible search on the classifieds sites. And even contacting some of the supporting dealerships.

Found this one on CF.com.
owner's friend had him list it with a few pics.
Consistant hounding and an early offer of cash helped my efforts!
hahaha
Keep yall posted - its not mine yet!

Based on the pictures it looks like it is well cared for. The dealer service items seem to be in order on stuff that typically fails on a C5.

I would not hesitate to buy this car period (other than the fact it's black) Good luck.

So, I've got till Tuesday to get back.
Pick her up on Sunday

What are the "do not miss this" items enroute?

New Kent/Richmond,VA to Biloxi, MS

Tail of the Dragon seems a bit off the path......

OPEN RECALL:
LAP BELT WEBBING TWISTED 11/10/2000

OPEN RECALL:
ELECTRONIC COLUMN LOCK SYSTEM 07/26/2004

Does this mean the work was done or the recall is still "open" where the owner has not brought the car in yet?

:w
Guy

Good Question. I might post it to the fellow that ran that Service History for me.

The Lap belt recal has no ended. It ended in 2003 you will have to pay to get it done. I think its 80 bucks. I barely got mine done in time for the recall. Its not a big deal though. It happened to my passenger side. Who needs seatbelts anyways! JK

Rain said:
why, cuz I will love it?
you got it, I had heard how good the C-5 was and did not believe it until I drove it. I will look at the new C-6 but will not drive one because I would then be on a misson to own one;LOL I want to enjoy the C-5 a few years first.

flying out at 6:45 am to get her - will not be able to email till Monday night I guess..
Wish me luck
Rain

atmmac said:
The Lap belt recal has no ended. It ended in 2003 you will have to pay to get it done. I think its 80 bucks. I barely got mine done in time for the recall. Its not a big deal though. It happened to my passenger side. Who needs seatbelts anyways! JK
Is the steering wheel lock still open and free? I have a 2001 an don't know whether its ever been done to it.

Well, you should be on your way to get your car right about now. Have fun!

I noticed that the hood looks like the aftermarket hood for people with supercharger setups. Are you hiding something from us, Rain??? :L

Guy said:
OPEN RECALL:
LAP BELT WEBBING TWISTED 11/10/2000

OPEN RECALL:
ELECTRONIC COLUMN LOCK SYSTEM 07/26/2004

Does this mean the work was done or the recall is still "open" where the owner has not brought the car in yet?

:w
Guy
Rain - You are coming up my way. I grew up in Richmond. The Vette looks like a nice one. Regarding the recall, an OPEN recall means that it has not yet been performed by the dealer. The lap belt as well as the colum lock should be considered saftey recalls and should not have a time limit. If the dealership will not perform the Lap Belt recall without charging you, ask if this is a safety recall and press them to do it at no charge. Good luck with the new Vette and have a safe drive back.

Had some e-mails from Rain early Sunday morning. Trying to meet up in the Charlotte area on his way back home. We keep missing each other's messages though. It is Rain-ing in the Carolinas on Monday morning so he should enjoy his drive.

:Steer

So when do we start calling him: TheBlackVette?

HAHAHAHAHA

Blade said:
So when do we start calling him: TheBlackVette?
Hey, I'm not gonna jump to your defense if he comes back here and kicks your arse for that little remark! :L

Hijacker! LOL
(TBV is over at Digital Corvettes from time to time) I hear from him via email pretty often too.

(think someone birdnapped his birdy a while back_) hahaha

IM HOME- with a SLAMMED TO THE GROUND black C5!
Feel like I have to walk into the basement to get in it! LOL!

Being 5 years old (bought in like june of 99 as an early 2000 model), its got some of the expected things like rock pecks, hints of curb rash, cig. lighter doesnt work(no power there), slight air leak on Pass. front corner of the sideglass, have a foglamp out, and the inner edges of the headlamps appear to be rubbing either the hood or something underneath.

Other than that, I think its WONDERFUL - Susan jumped in as soon as I got it home - and she headed for the beach. Said traffic stopped to watch her go by. .. I reminded her that it was a traffic light...

seriously though, its certainly a head turner with the few mods on her: RK Sport hi-rize hood, lowered on the bolts but not the bushings, the 4-tip BORLA exhaust, and those HKE Rims/Yokahama low profile tires. 20s in back, 19s up front.

more pics and requests for INFO later - I am SO DAMNED TIRED!

btw, how do you combat waterspots on a black finish?
Best way to wash and dry one? ( i tried the leaf blower today.. not fast enough for full car, but great for the wheels.)

more later
Rain

Yea, 2 Vettes.. and you see where my ass is.... At the Computer!
LOL! ;LOL

Rain said:
Best way to wash and dry one? ( i tried the leaf blower today.. not fast enough for full car, but great for the wheels.)
Rain
I'm not BS'ing you here. Using water is the best way to dry your car. It's one of the little tricks many of us picked up at CF'04. 'Course, you'd know that too if you hadn't wussed out last year... :L I gotta run out the door right now, but you might find more info checking in the detailing section, or maybe someone else will chime in. Otherwise, I'll follow up on this when I have more time.
On a side note...I don't think I want to know how much $$$ 20", hi-perf tires cost...OK, yes, I do, but I don't...<shivers>

I am going to go easy on the remaining tread.. I too don't want to know what they cost..
(already looking at selling the rims when the F45 goes out.. HAHAHAH! Gotta pay for it somehow
Rain

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom