Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Installed my aluminum instrument bezels

Blu ByU

Corvette
'04 CE LeMans Blue Coupe, 1978 Pace Car
And LOVE them!! They really dress up the instrument cluster. Huge thanks to my neighbor who helped with the install.

Those are really sharp! I had no idea they were available.

Now, I will go crawl back under my rock! :L

SAVE THE :w

I have been looking at those, I really like how they look. I think I'll get a set for the Z when I get back. Thanks for sharing and God Bless
Steve

Thanks guys - the picture doesn't really do them justice. They also pick up the indigo lights on the sides of the cluster and reflect a purple color depending on how you move your head. Watch Ebay, I got my set for 1/2 the price the better known catalogs show...

I've been looking at those plus getting the reverse gauges for mine. They do look nice with your interior.

I'm a pretty good detailer but when it comes to taking stuff apart and then putting it back together I do have problems. I have a hard time in the morning putting my watch on..lets see, does it go this way, no you're supposed to be able to read it when its on your arm..okay, now which arm did it come off of?
If I took my dash apart I would have MANY spare, unnecessary parts and the car would never run again.
I envy those who are mechanically inclined.

Larry- NASA engineer

Read the simple instructions as you suggested.

Smoked a couple of joints, dropped a few ludes, and drank a fifth of Wild Turkey...now I'm ready. On page 26 of the simple, anyone can do it instructions, third paragraph, line 14 it says "...light the propane cutting torch and direct the flame into the gas filler pipe..." Stand by for the resultant explosion. Piece of cake.
Are you crazy???

Be patient and work your way back and forth along the entire length of the male plug so as to free it from the female.

I need a cigarette! ;LOL

Hi there,
I like that cup holder, where is that from?
thanks,
Jeff

Hi there,
I like that cup holder, where is that from?
thanks,
Jeff

It's not one of mine. ;LOL

I installed the HUD in my 99 this past spring and my interior looked like a bomb wet off. Not parts left over. ;)

:w
Guy

I didn't see a cup holder. If it's not one of Guys I don't want it anyway!!!!

Bill

Thanks guys - the picture doesn't really do them justice. They also pick up the indigo lights on the sides of the cluster and reflect a purple color depending on how you move your head. Watch Ebay, I got my set for 1/2 the price the better known catalogs show...

Want to really WOW them post a picture of them at night glowing purple.

This was on of the first things I did to out C5 (or maybee it was the window valet) Anyways I had always thought GM would have made that a standard peice it adds so much to the look of the dash cluster

I looked at the instructions as well; but it still looks pretty involved. How long did it take you from start to finish? Looks awesome by the way!

Bill

Hi guys, sorry I've been off the board for a bit. The install really wasn't as bad as it looks, but I was lucky and my neighbor is a Corvette enthusiast and he had already done his, so I had the benefit of his knowledge. He still made me do 99% of the work, but he knew exactly what to do. We had the entire job done in less than 30 minutes. Believe me, I'm not real mechanically inclined, but I'm learning!:D

The cup holder is from Corvette America (sorry Guy, my wife bought it for me) and I love it! It doesn't get in my wifes way at all.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom