Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Installing ZO6 side vents

CeeFive

Corvette
2008 VR ZO6
Has anyone got photos of installing side vents(ZO6 Style) and basic instructions? I was wondering if there is a template available for the cut hole. Would love to hear from anyone who has done this.:)

Install Z06 Rear brake ducts.

:beer
Please logg in to www.97vette.com. Go to number nine row under How To .... This one was install by Mt. Ray Wells for his Corvette.
Good luck
OS

C5 Brake Vents

This is an extremely easy job but takes a little guts. The template comes with the vents. I used 3" masking tape and covered area where the hole was cut. I them taped the template on with scotch tape and used a felt tipped pen to draw the cut out. Of course, you have to remove the wheel and the inner wheel liner (9 screws and it just drops out). The easiest way to cut the hole is with a spiral blade on a dremel tool. It cuts like butter. I drilled a hole in the middle of the cut out to insert the sprial saw. It cuts like butter.

That hole is easiest to cut. The challenge is cutting the hold in the inner wheel well liner to allow the vent tube to go through. Mine had no template. I just took it a little bit at a time and figured where it had to come through. It will become evident.

This is not a hard job and it looks great. Good luck.

CeeFive said:
Has anyone got photos of installing side vents(ZO6 Style) and basic instructions? I was wondering if there is a template available for the cut hole. Would love to hear from anyone who has done this.:)
Post your email address here and I'll send you a Microsoft Word Doc of the complete job with pictures. I photographed the entire job when I did it in February 2003 and put together an instructional "how to"

I used a template on my install. After I stopped shaking, I used a dremel to cut mine out. Took about 3 hours on the first side because I was so nervous. The second side took about 30 mins. Best mod I've done yet!
576Mvc-020f-med.jpg

TIKTGTR: Have you heard of or installed the A&A corvette rocker rails and/or frame saver rollers ??? It seems like something that you would be interested in installing on your car since it looks lowered.

Thanks for the info Glenn. Has anyone out there painted these vents body color? Would love to see a pic of what it looks like.

CeeFive said:
Thanks for the info Glenn. Has anyone out there painted these vents body color? Would love to see a pic of what it looks like.

Not a very good idea. These vents take a lot of abuse from road gravel, sand and the like coming off your front tires. They get chipped and dinged frequently. Not visually noticable very much to the black plastic (until you bend down and take a look closely) but if they were painted, I think you'd be dissapointed with the results.

Re: Would you send me a copy ?

P-ColaVette said:
Hi All !

Could I get a copy of the side vent install instructions from you Glen ? Thank's, a31r10inst@aol.com.

:pat
Steve.
No problem Steve
You've got mail

Glenn

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom