Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Instrument lights(dash lites)

Ken88C4convt

Corvette
1988 red corvette convertable
Anybody had this problem?Driving home tonight head lites on everything working great then the Instrument lights went out dash was total black,only lite on was a/c control and radio, got home shut headlites off Inst lites came on,Turn lites back on Inst lites out and so on, Interior lite reostat switch works ok but does nothing to help the dash dim or brighten, Strange!!, sure could use some sugestions on this one. Thanks Ken
Checked lites this AM Everything seems to be working fine,This makes the problem even worse got to be a relay heating up.

The Same But Different

I've had the exact opposite happen, occasionally my HVAC buttons fail to light up while everything else looks fine. I suspect I've got a dodgy connection in there, however it's never been enough of a problem that I've wanted to tear things down and clean it. When it gets to be bad enough I will try that, and if cleaning doesn't work I'll simply get another HVAC control.

Try shining a flashlight at the light sensor on the dash at night. If they light up your on your way to finding the problem.

Glenn

Could be a bad earth

I had a similar problem on my 89 coupe a couple of years ago. Advice I received here said to check all my earth connections - I got lucky and it turned out to be a loose connection on the battery terminal. Tightened it up and problem fixed.

Inst Lights

Thanks for the reply,So far in ended up being the 3amp fuse,Don't know why it blew but seem to be ok guess things happen after 23 years

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom