Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Intake Manifold Gasket

76okievette

Corvette
Early 1976 L-48, 2008 Victory Red
I am removing my intake for a cleaning repaint and carb replacement so I have been shopping for gaskets. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations, I have seen the ads for the intake gaskets by Troque Plus which say you will get a increase in fuel economy and torque by using their gaskets. Does anyone know if this is worth it or not. What is the best gasket to use?

I use Felpro 1205 intake gaskets. I've taken off my manifold twice and these gaskets work like a charm... I didn't use the rear gaskets, rather I ran a thick bead of copper sealant. Sealed perfectly without a leak.

I've never heard of intake gaskets doing much to increase torque.

I've never heard that either..

I have seen the ads for the intake gaskets by Troque Plus which say you will get a increase in fuel economy and torque by using their gaskets. Does anyone know if this is worth it or not.

That's pure hogwash, right up there with the "Tornado FuelSaver"; if a restriction to flow in the intake port (like the screen in the TorquePlus gaskets) made more horsepower, big power would be easy! :boogie

Thanks I though so, I will go with the FelPro. I appreciate the respones.

The Felpro 1205 is pretty good. The silicone bead around the openings really help reduce the chance of vacuum leaks between the heads and the intake manifold.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom