Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Intake Manifold

toolman0114

Corvette
1974 coupe
I have a 74 Coupe, stock hood, and want to change my intake. I am using a Holley street dominator, but hear there are better intakes that will fit under my hood with a drop base air cleaner. My engine is a 355, 10.5:1, dart iron eagle 65cc heads, with a .533 lift cam with 1.6 full roller rockers(brings me up to .568 lift), and a Holley 670 Street Avenger carb. What would be the best intake to put on? The Holley I have now is just a little better than stock. Thanx....

Do you have an upgraded cam? How about Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake Manifold.

When I bought my Corvette it had an Edelbrock RPM Performer intake, a carb adapter/spacer, and a Holley Carb.

When i bought a new intake, i bought a Holley so that I wouldn't need the adapter.

I actually had more low end torque and more hood clearance with the Edelbrock + Spacer than with the Holley.

That's all I have to say about that.

So does a Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake Manifold with a Stock Quadrajet Carb fit without hood clearance isssues while using the original stock dual snorkel setup???

I can't answer that.
1) i don't have a stock quadrajet, i have a holley.
2) the 1982 didn't have a dual snorkel setup, but wouldn't matter because i don't have the stock 1982 setup.

Sorry that wasn't very helpful.

Good Luck!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom