Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Interior Care..?Whats everyone using?

A

AntneeD

Hi, I recently bought a 98 Pewter Vert and just love it....Just wondering what is the best interior protectant to use? I am using good ol' Amor All at the moment, but I have never been a big fan of it and with the gloss that it leaves everything sticks to it.

What is the best thing to use for the dashboard and vinyl?

Thanks and what a great forum!!
Ant

Personally, I use Meguiars and Lexol interior car care products. I use Lexol Leather Cleaner and Conditioner on the leather interior services. Lexol also makes a vinyl cleaner and conditioner which I use on the dashboard and door panels. Hope this helps. :)

Hi there,

First of all, get rid of the Armor All!! I use the samples I have to clean my wheel wells...that's all it's really good for! I use Lexol products on my seats and 3M Aeorspace Protectant for my dash. It is not a greasy super shine but, rather, is subtle and protects from the damage sun can cause. I like these products very much.

GS Diva aka Elaine

Thanks

Hi .....
Thanks for the replys.....
Ant

Just one correction....3M does not produce Aerospace Protectant, it is produced by 303. I agree that it is an excellent product, as it is what I use on both the daily driver and the vette. 303 Aerospace Protectant provides a nice, matte finish (it looks factory fresh) while it offers UV 40 protection to the surface that it is applied to. I've been using it for nearly 2 years now and am very pleased with it's performance. If you are unable to find it locally at either a Marine supply shop or an outdoors-type store, it can be purchased at www.properautocare.com. You really should not be disappointed with it, it's great stuff (does not attract dust like the Armor-All, either).

GS Diva said:
Hi there,

First of all, get rid of the Armor All!! I use the samples I have to clean my wheel wells...that's all it's really good for! I use Lexol products on my seats and 3M Aeorspace Protectant for my dash. It is not a greasy super shine but, rather, is subtle and protects from the damage sun can cause. I like these products very much.

GS Diva aka Elaine

RubyDropTop said:
Just one correction....3M does not produce Aerospace Protectant, it is produced by 303

Ooops! Thanks for the correction!

GS Diva

Just this morning I tried "Swifters" on my dashboard and interior. These are pre-moistened towlettes (large). They do a nice job but you must wipe off excess with cotton or paper towel. They leave a great fresh smell in the car as well.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom