Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Interior pics needed

Corvette
63 Resto Coupe-Red 65 Roadster
I will be in the process of restoring a 67 coupe, and the customer cannot decide the interior color of the car. He is looking into a tan, or White/Green combo. If anyone has access to some pictures of a White & Green interior, I would appreciate it if they could be sent ( any size ) to the following

robert.pelland@cgocable.ca

Thank you in advance for the time you will take, to address my concerns.

Stepinwolf

I have looked but I can't find a white/green combo. I don't believe GM offered it. Green yes, but not the combo.

Have a friend with a 65 that was originally equipped with the "tuxedo" interior. White seats and door panels, dash black and black carpet.

Rich

paul67 said:
I have looked but I can't find a white/green combo. I don't believe GM offered it. Green yes, but not the combo.

Actually Paul, they offered two white interior codes, one with black and the other with blue dash panels, and carpet. I mistakenly though that someone might have done one up by matching the green with the white.

So I guess this will be a one of one, because I will be ordering a white interior ( seats, door panels, headliner, etc, ) and I will order the dash pads, and carpet, in green, hence a White/Green combo. ;)

Thanks for forcing me to dig out the manuals, and check out the original options myself.

Stepinwolf

I tried the ProTeam site and several others. Finally I pulled out my NCRS 1967 Technical Manual and Judging Guide. No luck ;) . In any case that will be a very nice combination and go well with the white stinger hood.

paul67 said:
I tried the ProTeam site and several others. Finally I pulled out my NCRS 1967 Technical Manual and Judging Guide. No luck ;) . In any case that will be a very nice combination and go well with the white stinger hood.

Paul, I have seen quite a few White interiors over the years, and the most appealing has always been when the second color, matches the exterior color of the Corvette.

If the customer follows my recommendations, I expect that this will be a great looking interior. One way or the other, if it does get done in this way, I will post enough pics, for all to enjoy. :)

Stepinwolf

stepinwolf said:
Paul, I have seen quite a few White interiors over the years, and the most appealing has always been when the second color, matches the exterior color of the Corvette.

If the customer follows my recommendations, I expect that this will be a great looking interior. One way or the other, if it does get done in this way, I will post enough pics, for all to enjoy. :)

Stepinwolf
I like the two color interior as well. My 65 has white with blue but it is bright blue. Plan is to change it to white, seats and door panels, and 66 dark blue, dash pads and carpet. The car is dark blue, almost Daytona blue.

Wolf,

Why not do the tuxedo look with tan? You could keep the green dash and carpet or go black there and have the door panels, visors and seats in tan.

Islander said:
Wolf,

Why not do the tuxedo look with tan? You could keep the green dash and carpet or go black there and have the door panels, visors and seats in tan.

I'm not very cool to the black. It was my ex-wifes favorite color, and most of the house is done in black, including the kitchen cabinets, fridge, washer, etc. I think you get the picture.

I can't afford to replace the furniture, so I let the wife go.;LOL

Stepinwolf

With the Goodwood green paint, the only way to get a white interior was with white seats and door panels. The dash, console, and carpets were black. The white seats and door panels really set off the contrasting dark green paint. Do a white soft top and red stripe tires on Ralley wheels.:cool :beer

Don

Vetsvette2002 said:
With the Goodwood green paint, the only way to get a white interior was with white seats and door panels. The dash, console, and carpets were black. The white seats and door panels really set off the contrasting dark green paint. Do a white soft top and red stripe tires on Rally wheels.:cool :beer

Don

Hi Don,

Thanks for your input. The wiring diagram I purchased from you ( with your pricing I feel as if I stole it ) was for the restoration of this car.

I have already spoke to Dale, from Al Knoch's interiors, and I have ordered all the components in order to have the interior, White & Green. By the looks of things, this Corvette will be a 1 of 1 :D , but it doesn't bother me in the least. Since I have started building them the way I want, and not confined by the " factory correct " syndrome, it has been the most pleasant work I have ever done.

The carpet, dash, and dash pads, will be in dark Green, while the seats, door panels, headliner, etc. are being done in White. I am partial, but it should be quite a looker. It also goes without saying that once completed, all the pics will be posted.

Stepinwolf

paul67 said:
Don't get me thinking ;).

Paul, follow your heart, it's even good for your health.

If you want a little idea of the combination, check out the following picture, and imagine that the red is green. ;)

Stepinwolf

comfort.JPG

I am tempted but you have seen my interior. I can't start over again. It looks pretty nice as is, in saddle tan. At some point you have to say fini. My car is about 98% where I wanted it to be. I love that white/green but I am tired of restoring this 1967. Now I just polish and drive. I admire you folks who have more energy to restore. And I mean that sincerely.

paul67 said:
I am tempted but you have seen my interior. I can't start over again. It looks pretty nice as is, in saddle tan. At some point you have to say fini. My car is about 98% where I wanted it to be. I love that white/green but I am tired of restoring this 1967. Now I just polish and drive. I admire you folks who have more energy to restore. And I mean that sincerely.

Paul

Thanks for your kind words, but you could always pay someone to get it done, and for not to much money at that. Heck, selling of your tan interior alone, would probably pay for close to half the cost of the replacements.

Something to think about because there nothing more gratifying, then changing something over which we have control, to please ourselves. If you doubt it, do the tape measure test, you might be surprised by the results. For those of you who don't know what the test is, just keep reading

Caution, the following must be followed to the letter. Just reading it, and trying to imagine what the results be is not recommended, nor is it acceptable.

To take the test go out to the garage and get out your retractable metal tape measure. Then, lay it across a table and pull it all the way out until the inches on the tape reach the same number as you think your life expectancy might be, in the best case senario. Then look at the number that corresponds to your present age, and tell me how many inches are left on the tape to do things that please you.

Caution the above test is sometime frightening, :ugh so I would like to hear from any of you who take the test.

Stepinwolf

P.S. By the way Paul, my grandpa used to say that work will never kill us, but by-golly idle hands will.

67HEAVEN said:
I like the way Robert thinks. Why do you think I'm moving 30 minutes closer to him? ;)

ShÎt Bob 30 minutes !

Wow, now we will be able to visit each other every day.

Did you do the test. ?

Stepinwolf

forget moving 30 minutes CLOSER........
I want Bob to move next door to me so I can learn what he knows so I can do more work on my cars (and furture vettes hopefully) :beer:

BarryK said:
forget moving 30 minutes CLOSER........
I want Bob to move next door to me so I can learn what he knows so I can do more work on my cars (and furture vettes hopefully) :beer:

There was a time when I would have seriously considered moving to the US, but not any more. We are seeing so much violence now, and with the gun thing, I don't think I would be able to adapt to that way of life. Around here everything is laid back, and I have grown to love it here.

VBP even offered me employment a little while back, but I am now to stuck in my ways. Besides who would look after my two dobers, if it weren't for them I would have nothing to do all day.

dogpoop.gif

Stepinwolf

Bob
I have a Border Collie so your dogs and my dog can keep each other company all day as we work on cars.
;LOL

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom