Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Intermitten turn signal...

D

dmkoger

Just bought a 2000 coupe last week. Yesterday while driving both turn signals quit working, then last night they were working again. Either they both work, or neither does. I'm guessing this isn't a bulb problem? Does the car have a flasher unit, and where is it located? Any suggestions appreciated.

Left of the center dash AC vent is the Hazard Warning Flasher. It costs $35. That is your culprit. Unfortunately, you need to take out parts of the dash to replace it.

If you search the Forums, you will see instructions on how to take apart enough of the dash to get to it. My buddy who owns a repair shop did it for me. He said that he got to it by removing the stereo and reaching up, and did not have to remove to dash pad.

Meanwhile, if the turn signals stop working, you can probably get them to work again if you either 1) bang on the dash above the Hazard Switch, or 2) push the Hazard switch in and out a bunch of times.

I guess you can tell that I'm right on top of GM engineering issues!

Good luck!!

Yep, it is kind of a hastle whrn you have to fix it, but hay it is a god reason to spend time in your Vette and work on it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom