Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ipod adapter for my vette?

PAULIE B

Corvette
2007 sliver, 02 sold ,87 sold
Thinking about installing an ipod adapter for my 87 vette. The am/fm cassette bose radio works excellent and the sound is great. A little bass-e. Speakers are great. I don't have anymore cassette tapes. So, i was planning to install an ipod adapter. The local stereo place wants $ 225.00 plus tax to install one. I can do it my self. What do you guys think? :d
p.s. I have the cassette adapter for the ipod but it doesn't recharge it. Pain in the butt.

Paulie

If you can do it, I'd say go ahead. When I had my head unit in the 94 rebuilt, the guy offered to put a plug in the face for $30, "for an MP3 player or Ipod", I thought, at the time, I don't need that....dang I wished I'd gone ahead and done it.

I say go for it. I put an iPod adapter in my C6 and I love it. Now I can stash my iPhone in the center console and control it via my stereo.

:thumb Jason

The only thing I would worry about is the amps on each speaker. I just use the cassette adapter with my zune on my olds. The ease of using the adapter is keeping me from installing new cd players, and the cost :L

The only thing I would worry about is the amps on each speaker. I just use the cassette adapter with my zune on my olds. The ease of using the adapter is keeping me from installing new cd players, and the cost :L

I purchased an adapter from crutchfield that plugs into the lighter socket on my C4. Just tune the adapter to an FM station that is open, tune your bose to the same station, plug in the ipod to the adapter, and you're good to go. No cutting into wires and totally portable. It isn't quite as nice as being "hard wired" into your head unit, but for me, it works just fine.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom