Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Irratic Cruise Control

W

WALDO

I'M NO MOTOR HEAD SO ANY HELP WITH MY CRUISE CONTROL
PROBLEM WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED. THE CRUISE CONTROL
WON'T KEEP A CONSTANT SPEED. IT FLUCTUATES ABOUT 3 OR
4 MILES AN HOUR & REMINDS ME A LOT OF HOW I USED TO
DRIVE AS A TEENAGER.

WALDO Welcome to The Corvette Action Center

WALDO,
Cruise control... well from my experience and from what you are describing it sounds like the "Transducer" is going bad. If it is a 78 ~ 82 model the Transducer is located on the drivers side fender well, fairly close to the firewall.. there should be speedo cable from the transmission in and speedo cable from the Transducer into the Speedo itself.

The only Corvette I had cruise control in was one of the C4's I had :)

Welcome aboard, good luck with the cruise control. Check out the rest of CAC when you get the chance, also stop by "The Solid Axle Lounge" great people here, there and everywhere else here ;) Pictures are always nice... hint .... hint... hint :D
BudD :w

Waldo,look in the area under your master cylinder.You will see the cruise control servo its about 4" in diameter with a rubber boot on one side.Coming out of the center will be a ball chain.Be sure this ball chain is tight with out any slack in it. If it loose adjust it by moving it to the next ball that will take up the slack.If this does not work i would look for a vacuum leak in the hoses. Chuck

Waldo,

Thanks for posting this thread.. I just thought it was kind of normal, for the cruise control to jump like that every once in awhile. :w

The slide valve is dirty, remove the cover (where the cables attach) Remove the two screws and rotate slightly counter clockwise. You will see where the collar slides back and forth on the tube. Mark the tube so it can be reinstalled in the same position. Unscrew it and clean it with a soft cloth. Do not use any chemicals, it will disolve the coating. Reassemble and enjoy!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom