Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Is a '93 LT1 any quicker than a '93 LT1

??
I suspect that a 93 LT1 will be just as quick as a 93 LT.;LOL

If you were talking about the difference between a 92 and a 93, which has a slightly different cam profile, I'd imagine the difference would be very hard to detect.

??
I suspect that a 93 LT1 will be just as quick as a 93 LT.;LOL

If you were talking about the difference between a 92 and a 93, which has a slightly different cam profile, I'd imagine the difference would be very hard to detect.

Yes I did mean the '92

Not enough to notice difference between them in performance but noise is different.
The 92 has magnesium valve covers and a different cam profile - it creates more valve train noise than the 93 and later LT1 engines.
The 93 and later LT1 engines has composite valve covers that are taller and muffle the noise better - along with the different cam profile.

There are other quirks about the 92 that were addressed by later models. The 92 may have fuel line hammer - there was a recall or TSB for this as I recall. Something about the fuel line mounts not isolated from the chassis enough - the pulses of the injectors caused the fuel lines to thump. Was not considered a problem - just a noise and vibration issue.

Then there is the double sided belt - grooves on both sides. That went away early in the 93 production.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom