Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

is it a 40 th anniversary

1993 vette

i bought a 93 corvette annd it has 40th on seats how do i find out if it is truly anniversary model

Welcome To The Corvette Action Center 1993 vette!

From Mike Antonick's book, COR-VETTE SPECS 1984-1996:
Chevrolet marked the Corvette's 40th birthday with a beautiful 40th Anniversary model option package. It included Ruby Red Metallic exterior paint, Ruby Red leather sport seats, power driver seat, a small red insert for the otherwise stock aluminu wheels, and unique badging. The seats had 40th anniversary embroidery in each headrest, but this was not unique. All 1993 seats had the same embroidery except for the base cloth seats. It was the last year for those cloth seats, by the way, and they could be any color you wanted - as Henry Ford once said - so long as the color was black.

Unlike so many previous special models, Chevy did not limit the 40th Anniversary package. That is, it could be ordered with coupes and convertibles, including the ZR-1 coupes. This fact, and the package's reasonable price tag of $1,455 - reasonable considering its content - insured popularity. With a volume of 6,749 40th Anniversary models accounted for nearly one of every three 1993s sold. Rare they're not. But the sheer beauty of these cars insured their sales success then, now and looking forward. The 40th Anniversary package adds several times the original option cost to its value as a used car compared to a similarly equipped 1993 model.

Code Z25 is the option code used to indicate the 40th Anniversary package. You can find, or should be able to find, the list of option codes that your vehicle came from the factory with, on the inside of your storage compartment in the rear cargo area, or maybe under the lid of the glovebox in your console.

All 93 had special 40th an. seats. The Aniv. Ed. are all Ruby Red.

Uh, 1993? didi you check your messages? I answered ya. What? You didn't believe me?

ruby roadster

Only 2179 softops ordered ruby red, only 976 auxiliary hardtops. If you haven't seen a ruby with hardtop on check it out!!!!!!!! absolutely stunning cool roofline, coolest colour.This combo has to be a sleeper TIME WILL TELL.

Only 2179 softops ordered ruby red, only 976 auxiliary hardtops. If you haven't seen a ruby with hardtop on check it out!!!!!!!! absolutely stunning cool roofline, coolest colour.This combo has to be a sleeper TIME WILL TELL.

I have a ruby 93 Convertible with the hardtop and agree 100%

It is a striking look :cool

Additional options on ours include:

Aux. Hardtop
6-speed manual
FX3 Adj. Susp.
...and thankfully the luggage rack was removed :w

...it has some other cool features as well :D

Can't brag about your car with no pictures! Lets see a picture of one with the stunning hard top?

ruby looker

Hey stay posted, I'm a rookie at this stuff so finding a picture and loading it will be a challenge for me.

Holy four-year-old thread resurrection and your post isn't even relevant to the question asked, Batman!

Let's be careful with the "Rare they're not". There are only about 230 Anv Zr1's left on the road still. That makes them rare in my book.

Cross

1993 ruby roadster

See "got pics post your ruby" thread for pics:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom