Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Is it EVER too COLD to take out the Corvette?

leeboy66

Corvette
1977 Bright Yellow Coupe
With the temps in NY going down into the teens tomorrow, my buddy and I were arguing if it is ever too cold to take out the Corvette. He said he NEVER takes his Corvette out in 20 degree weather. I believe it's NEVER too cold to go for a cruise. What do you guys think? ;shrug

Never too cold or too hot:w

This morning in Minneapolis-St. Paul it was -15 with a wind chill of -30 to -35, the roads sure are dry since it's to damn cold to be wet so if you guys still want to take them out have a ball.

Nothing in my owners manual on any car i've ever owned and I grew up in Caribou ,Maine

I remember seeing a brand new 63 being used as a daily driver and the wind chill was -70 at times

Yep, I'm very familiar with Caribou, ME. I was stationed at Loring AFB for 5yrs. Good Times!

With the temps in NY going down into the teens tomorrow, my buddy and I were arguing if it is ever too cold to take out the Corvette. He said he NEVER takes his Corvette out in 20 degree weather. I believe it's NEVER too cold to go for a cruise. What do you guys think? ;shrug

I take mine out in the cold... just not in rain or snow, or if there's salt out there. I've never heard about there being a outside temperature limitation for Vettes. Seems looney to me...:crazy

I just took mine out today while the streets were dry and cold. How's -5 strike you? Heated seats and a great heater! I warm it up outside for 45 minutes every week or so but today is the first I have driven it. Went about 8 miles to let it get good and warm.:cool

I did have to take it really easy on the back streets as they still have snow on them.:eek:hnoes

yup, as long as there's no salt on the road, so are my cars

Ditto to everyone else above. No wetness, no salt = driving weather.
Just remember that the colder it is, the longer you need to let it warm up. ...not that these old V8's ever really take that long! That was the one nice thing about cold weather driving the vette. By the time I got to the end of the street, I could have full heat. In a daily driver with a 4-banger, I'd damn near be at my destination before the heater got up to full heat! :L

I don't know about more stress.
If mine is cold, it may take 2 or 3 tries before i get it running.
But that would be wear and tear on the starter.

Mine was a daily driver and parked outside for a year. Luckily, where i live there isn't enough ice/snow to salt roads.

Enjoy the road!

More engine stress? what ta hell it's a Chevrolet .
I've got a bunch of Chev 1500 work trucks with Mobil 1.They go out no matter how cold,even if we have to push start "em with a D-8 . :blue:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom