Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Is it me or is it them?

Pinky

Corvette
1998 Torch Red Convertible
I had to take The Baby in for what turned out to be a minor repair (shifter sticking in park). I should explain that I did NOT buy the Vette from the local Chevy dealer, but I did buy an extended warranty and the dealer where I bought it sends me to the Chevy dealership to get the repairs done - apparently they think the Chevy guys know something they don't.

So, anyhoo - I get the car back and first of all they treated me like I didn't have a problem to begin with (even though they charged for 2 hours of labor to fix the non-problem), and when I questioned the bill that said "checked, no problem works fine", they got all huffy. They assured me that "minor adjustments" were made and everything was working fine. WhatEVER. At least the shifter isn't sticking anymore...but in the course of their "minor adjustment" (or was it a non-problem? I'm confused!) they minorly adjusted the door to the cigarette lighter/ashtray compartment so it's all wonky now and doesn't close right.

Mr. Pinky, in his attempt to calm the waters, said he'd fix it. I say I should take it back and make THEM fix it. I'll admit I'm p*ssed at being treated poorly, but then again I'm not their customer. What do YOU think? Take it back or let it go?

Signed,
A Woman Scorned :mad

You ARE their customer, you paid them good money to do work for you. It shouldn't matter where you bring the car from, you're bringing them business.

If they were that bad, I wouldn't trust them to work on any vehicle. Your wonky interior is a relatively minor problem, if it's something that can be done at home that's where I'd do it.

You might think about a letter to the manager telling why you won't be back, spread the word. I don't know if it would help but it will probably make you feel better.

Just my $0.02, hopefully you can find a better dealer in your area.

I would make them fix it while I watched.
And then I would write a few letters explaining why I would not darken their doorway again.

Jerks.

And then I would write a few letters explaining why I would not darken their doorway again.

Jerks.

I agree with Tammy!

Elaine

Jerks.

As it turns out - they will be hearing from me again, SHORTLY. The shift stuck in park this morning!!!!!

:r

As it turns out - they will be hearing from me again, SHORTLY. The shift stuck in park this morning!!!!!

Go give 'em he11! :mad

What does "wonky" mean? :)

Chuck M

wonky Aadjective1 rickety, shaky, wobbly, wonky
inclined to shake as from weakness or defect; "a rickety table"; "a wobbly chair with shaky legs"; "the ladder felt a little wobbly"; "the bridge still stands though one of the arches is wonky" 2 askew, awry(p), cockeyed, lopsided, wonky, skew-whiff
turned or twisted toward one side; "a...youth with a gorgeous red necktie all awry"- G.K.Chesterton; "his wig was, as the British say, skew-whiff"

Update - I took the car in to the dealer for the THIRD time this morning. They just called and said they are replacing the entire shift assembly.

HA!

Signed,
Feeling Vindicated

p.s. even though the service writer felt compelled to tell me he gave the dealership that has the warranty "a good deal." LIKE I CARE. JUST FIX IT. :argue

Update - I took the car in to the dealer for the THIRD time this morning. They just called and said they are replacing the entire shift assembly.
That is probably just another minor adjustment for your "Non Problem". :D

Glad they finally fussed up and replaced it for you, should have done that
in the first place. :beer

You have to shop for a good dealership and good mechanic just as you would for any other service, like a good barber.

I tip my female barber (hairdresser or whatever) very well and I get good service and preference on appointment times. I also give her a nice Xmas bonus.

You have to do the same at your car shop. The service writer at my dealership gets a $100 tip every year and my Vette (and other GM cars) always goes to a mechanic who knows and loves Vettes.

You have to shop for a good dealership and good mechanic just as you would for any other service, like a good barber.

I tip my female barber (hairdresser or whatever) very well and I get good service and preference on appointment times. I also give her a nice Xmas bonus.

You have to do the same at your car shop. The service writer at my dealership gets a $100 tip every year and my Vette (and other GM cars) always goes to a mechanic who knows and loves Vettes.

Living in a service-industry-oriented town, I am a BIG proponent of tipping. However, in this case I was forced by the warranty to take it to the local dealer. Any other (non-warranty) work and it's going to my regular mechanic, who not only owns a Vette (a C3 or C4) but likes mine almost as much as I do. :upthumbs

Listen for the Writer's tone to change when you're presented with the "You'll be getting a survey in the mail, and here's how we want you to complete it," spiel.

The key here is finding a mechanic who loves our cars. Tips to writers in SoCal doesn't equate to better care.

You guys have no idea what I would give to live within driving distance to New Haven, CT.

The service writer at my dealership gets a $100 tip every year and my Vette (and other GM cars) always goes to a mechanic who knows and loves Vettes.[/quote]

If my Chev. dealership kept the same writer for more than a month,
or even the same owner for more than 6 months, it would be a
miracle. :W

Anybody know where I can get a nice rocket launcher, cheap?

Just got a call from the dealership. They fixed the shift assembly. They put in a new shift cable. They were getting ready to finally give me the car back, at 5 p.m. on a Friday afternoon after having it all damn week...AND THEY BROKE THE CABLE HOUSING.

In case anyone is ever in the Reno area - stay away from Champion Chevrolet. Friggin idiots. I should go and demand a NEW C6 to drive until I get my car back.

I feel for you, thats why I always try do my own work, even on the new cars. Too many times I have had others do work only to have to fix it myself later

Sorry to hear, Pinky.

Sounds like both of us had some interesting dealer experiences this week.

Hope you get your car back soon.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom