Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Is Magnetic Ride Control Working?

MaineMark

Corvette
2005 Magnetic Red Coupe
Hello All,

I'm a long-term C3 owner and a brand new C6 (2005) owner. WOW, What a difference.

I've figured out how to operate the technology, even the evil witch that lives in the nav system. I no longer try to stick the key into the start button, and the horn no longer goes nuts when I get out of the car with the trans in neutral (a little embarrassing at the gas station, especially when I start yelling at the car.)

So I'm settling into my beautiful new car and loving every minute of it.

But I have a question about magnetic ride control. How can you tell it's working? Apparently there are no indicator lights telling you what mode it's in. According to the owners manual, there are three possible messages the DIC may display if it's NOT working. But no messages or indicator lights telling you that it IS working. The roads in rural Maine are similar to the roads in any third world country - frost cracked and heaved, broken pavement, you name it. Ride control seems to soften the ride up but it's hard to tell for sure and I haven't had a chance to really let 'er rip yet.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you!

MaineMark

Well, Mark, first off I'd like to welcome you to CAC! :w You'll find a wealth of information here, and a boatload of helpful people. As for your question, unfortunately, I'm not not your answer. Trust me though, someone will be along soon to help you understand the system. :thumb

Welcome to the CAC.

As you've noticed, there isn't any messages on the C6 to tell you that MagRide is working but there are a few to tell you when it isn't.

You've also noticed that there doesn't appear to be a lot of differences between Tour and Sport during normal driving. There are differences but they are not as obvious in routine driving conditions. This is normal also for the C6 MR cars.
When you push the car - autocross, track days, or open road runs - you will notice the difference.

We usually leave the selector in Tour until we need or want Sport for spirited driving.

When you push the car - autocross, track days, or open road runs - you will notice the difference.

We usually leave the selector in Tour until we need or want Sport for spirited driving.

Tuna: Thanks for the information. I was probably expecting too much from MRC. I'll just have to drive my C6 harder. :)

-MaineMark

Welcome to the :CAC

We just leave ours in Tour.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom