Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Is the 74 vette the red-headed stepchild of C3's??

J

jorez

Sorry if I offended any red headed stepchildren, but whenever I am looking at this or other sites, I always see 1968-1973 or 1975-1982, but not a whole lot of 74's. Even for year specific parts, har to find 74 stuff out there. Just asking...
John

john, i don't consider my 74 any worse than other years. sure it has it own specific quirks. but they all do. just ask someone with wiper doors,what kind of problems they faced.
get a good interchange book and you should find many parts are in other cars as well. i have a rear window from a 72,a rear bumper from an 80, seats from a 79,engine is a 68 z/28 casting with heads from a 72,monza headlights,grant steering wheel, and i'm sure i've fogot some. it's a hodgepodge,BUT IT'S MINE!!!!
Please don't take my ramblings wrong. sometimes these cars just take more research to findwhat you need.

okay that's about a dollars worth so i'll shut up

robin :Buttslap

Nope, except for the split back bumper the 74 is pretty much just like the other years (75-76)

-Gööney0

I guess it will never be as appreciated as the 68-73 steel bumper cars. I would say that the '74 have some advantage over 75-76 though, because these have not dual exhaust and also have less power.

Wasn't 1974 the last year of the 454?

Sounds like a good year to me...

And the photo of the attachment is HOOOOOOOOOTTTTTT!

Congrats on the stunning car.

JB

I've always thought that the 76 was the red headed step child. No vert, no power, poor resale.....

:(

Hard to find parts

Just try finding parts for a 68 convert..... Mine is 3995 and it has 67 parts and parts with PILOT JOB on them

The 1974 MY was second only to 1969 in sales for the period of 1968 - 1974. I like mine. I like chrome bumpers too, but you can't have everything. I do have cubic inches though, 454 of them! Not as potent as 1969 but sure sounds good at idle and pulling into the parking lot on cruise night. Come to think of it, I'm not as potent as I was in 1969 either!

I don't think I have any desire for anything later than 1974 until 1994 - 1996.

lee , do you have a 4-speed with that big block?

robin

Lee74C3 said:
The 1974 MY was second only to 1969 in sales for the period of 1968 - 1974. I like mine. I like chrome bumpers too, but you can't have everything. I do have cubic inches though, 454 of them! Not as potent as 1969 but sure sounds good at idle and pulling into the parking lot on cruise night. Come to think of it, I'm not as potent as I was in 1969 either!

I don't think I have any desire for anything later than 1974 until 1994 - 1996.

I know that feeling

Is the 74 vette the red-headed stepchild of C3's??
If it is, what does that make the '82s;
The nutty uncle-in-the-attic???

Nah! It's an automatic. I had a couple rules... if it was not going to have chrome bumpers, something needed to make it somewhat collectible. In the case of my car, it was overall conditition, heavy optioned (leather, PW, PS, PB, Stereo, Auto), and 454.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom