Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Is the Fresh Air Door Seal Kit the Same For Air & NON-Air cars?

trhao

This is the oval shaped closed cell foam that is sandwhiched between the metal doors on the RH passenger side kick panel actuated by a vacuum can. THey are sold in pairs but at a glance I am only seeing one (RH) on a factory air car. Thanks

Sample:

_Images%5CBlobs%5CZI-927.JPG

Yes they are

Thanks!

I'll double check but I don't see one on the LH side - just the RH side of my AC car. If not I'll have an extra for the next time I'm in there in another 40 years or so! ;)

Factory AC cars do not have left side doors or cowl vents. Both are closed off as part of the AC package. Footwell door on RH side only.

When you order your foam, order an assembly instruction manual (AIM) for your year. AIMs are handy and have assembly diagrams and notes of how the cars were assembled. The sealed off left side vents mentioned above are shown in the AIM.

:thumb

Thanks!

I might get a sheet of 3/32 closed cell foam rubber instead - not that there's a price difference but the excess might be helpful elsewhere.

I have an AIM but did not see that when I looked last week. I often miss things in the AIM - sure wish mine had an index of some sort. :)

thanks again

...I have an AIM but did not see that when I looked last week. I often miss things in the AIM - sure wish mine had an index of some sort...

You can buy indexes, but they're only as good as whoever put them together and you don't honestly need them.

Sit down and go back through the AIM. The more you thumb through it, the more you find.

:w

Thanks!

I might get a sheet of 3/32 closed cell foam rubber instead - not that there's a price difference but the excess might be helpful elsewhere.

I have an AIM but did not see that when I looked last week. I often miss things in the AIM - sure wish mine had an index of some sort. :)

thanks again

I used a thin sheet of thermal insulation which has aluminum foil on both sides of poly foam, cut to the same size as the original foam.

thanks again

The Assembly Manual has a complete index system already built in - you just have to understand how it's laid out. The first half of the manual is UPC Groups 0-14, which shows all the parts for a "base car" (no options), and all the options are in the second half, by RPO number. The article below explains how to use it. :)

:beer

CRG Research Report - Understanding the Assembly Manual and Running Changes

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom