Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Is there an easy puke tank installation for valve covers?

samm

Corvette
1981 candy apple rocket
samm-albums-my-first-picture1950-sum-g1504.jpg
;shrug

I've got a Moroso breather tank mounted on the fender well in front of the master cyl. and a -12AN hose looped up to a -12
AN 90*x3/4" pipe thread fitting stuck in the grommet in the driver's side valve cover. Works great!

Do you have a link or (and) some pictures of your puke tank setup.

BTW thank you so much for this info,I have been losing sleep over the oil sprinkling on my valve covers,and manifold.

So you have no vacum hose then....

Is your breather just connected to valve cover or also a vacum?
Because im running on plain old breathers on both sides but making a mess.;help

I've got a PCV valve on the pass side and the breather tank on the driver's side. For some reason, I can't attach pics to a thread? If you go to my pics there is one that shows the line fron the valve cover and just a little bit of the breather on top of the tank. Art

By the way, that thing is hideous looking![/QUOTE]
I was going to say something to that order, but refrained. Mine is Moroso billet aluminum.

Is your breather just connected to valve cover or also a vacum?
Because im running on plain old breathers on both sides but making a mess.;help

I would re-install the pcv setup at the very least and then possibly install a oil catch can.

can you post a picture or link for your breather tank (catch can)

For some reason, every time I try to post a picture it comes up as a red "X"! Easiest way would be for you to E-mail me @ ajett@whes.com so I would have your e-mail address. I could then send you a good pic. I don't have a computer at home though, and I'm going to be out of the office till Monday. I'll send you pics then. Art

I Got the bugger......found it by fluke..

Well just asked my wife to pull over at a speedshop after eating lunch .......and there she was ...pretty hard to find on net and this guy just had one there on a rack.There are 2 fittings one for each valve cover.which is what i wanted(dont want to drill hole into the intake or reburn that crap that squirts out....ive seen it come out and .....anyways just dont want to burn oil on purpose! sucker is pretty big though........im going to have to manage something cause it looks a little tight in front of mastercylinder ...anyways here it is..
ALL36109.jpg
its like 13" any suggestions.....im remebering that i have to also empty it (also afraid of the front top of shock how much travel?? like i said any suggestions? thanx so much for the tips thus far....hehe peace out.

Well just asked my wife to pull over at a speedshop after eating lunch .......and there she was ...pretty hard to find on net and this guy just had one there on a rack.There are 2 fittings one for each valve cover.which is what i wanted(dont want to drill hole into the intake or reburn that crap that squirts out....ive seen it come out and .....anyways just dont want to burn oil on purpose! sucker is pretty big though........im going to have to manage something cause it looks a little tight in front of mastercylinder ...anyways here it is..
ALL36109.jpg
its like 13" any suggestions.....im remebering that i have to also empty it (also afraid of the front top of shock how much travel?? like i said any suggestions? thanx so much for the tips thus far....hehe peace out.
Overkill and ugly IMHO but as long as your happy that's all that matters. Does it have a wire mesh inside to capture the oil fumes, etc.?

Dude the thing is far from stock...... racing cam ,racing intake, racing carb,racing headers ,i have alot of pressure and splashing....trust me i need something drastic...

I didnt build the thing..........But HELL I LIKE TO DROP THE HAMMER.....WhooooooAAA!

'Dude',

I think you need to learn a little more about engines before thinking you need stuff like this. No streetable engine needs anything beyond the stock breather/PCV config.

It's beyond streetable It's raceable..except for pretty standard suspension....as long as i dont push my luck!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom