Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Is there any mods-to-HP chart or reference?

stearnman

Corvette
1992 Bright Red LT1 Coupe
I was just wondering...as I do waiting impatiently for my Corvette to arrive via DAS from Dallas TX...is there any reference any where that someone, anyone, has put together showing a type of modification/horsepower chart?

I guess my thoughts behind this are as follows. I'm fairly certain that no one single modification will net you a maximum return of HP...as has been stated in many threads about modifications, mods are really meant to compliment each other.

For instance:

One person takes a stock LT1 Vette and does the common "open lid K&N filter", the result in HP increase is X amount. (assuming around 10 to 12 HP increase?)

Another person takes a stock LT1 Vette and does the exhaust system swap, the HP increase is Y amount. (assuming exhaust system swap net more HP than the above mod, around 18 to 20 HP?)

Putting the 2 together, you would think the total increase in HP would be around 28 to 32 HP? But, in fact, having the 2 compliment each other should help increase the overall HP of each mod, correct? (Open lid K&N: up to 12-14 HP?; new exhaust system: up to 20-24 HP?) So, complimenting each should net closer to 32 to 38 more HP?

I guess I'm just trying to find a way to have a better mods-to-HP look up system instead of trying to search the forums or using Google. Many of the things/info I find is all great and useful, just hard to decipher which mods have the greatest impact on a stock vs already modified car.

[Edit:] Fixed typos.

A chart would be helpful, but I don't believe there is one on the forum. If there is, it's hidden waiting to be discovered.

But if you come across a chart let us know, post it! ;)

Otherwise throw up a post and ask. I'm sure if a mod has been done, someone on here has done it and has an idea what to expect for gains.

it's called using sites like this and doing your research. :beer

redvette6spd said:
Check out this guys web site some real good information here I have used him as a mentor on some if the mods on my car www.wku.edu/~nathan.plemons/ click on building the lt1 performance

Absolutely the best resource on this topic I have read so far!!!!

Thanks for the link red!!!!

Peter

:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom