Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Is this the 2014 C7 Corvette?

side windows don't match the clarity of the rear window - photoshop
trunk/rear hatch seam goes nowhere
shadow below tail lights are curved - looks like a poor photoshop
But overall a nice try.
I wouldn't call it a poor photoshop attempt. I think it's actually the best we've seen thus far. But a photochop nonetheless.

Some other points... It would never have a citizen license plate. It would be an MFG plate. The reflection in the side-view mirrors would be crisp, not warped lines. The reflection around the Corvette emblem is only half there. Based on the rest of the reflections, that bright reflection patch should extend to the other side. The emblem itself is too much of a "V". Should be flatter.

I also gotta call out Rob for a "bait & switch" email though. ;squint: This is not "The C7 rear-end revealed!".

It looks like a CAT staring at you. Tail lights are a ? However I think that GM is going after the RICE BURNER CROWD and not us old timers.

gotta say... i'm not really in love with it..

too much black/plasticy stuff going on... its like almost half of the entire rear... i hate unpainted plastic... looks cheap.

FUGly

Looks like a 14 year old into anime drew it up.
A a talented one, overall kind of cool, but a number of really stupid areas.
Ok how do I make some more angles in this space, next to that one, to macth all the other angles we have all over the place..
Angle for the sake of lots of angles.

Looks like a 14 year old into anime drew it up.
A a talented one, overall kind of cool, but a number of really stupid areas.
Ok how do I make some more angles in this space, next to that one, to macth all the other angles we have all over the place..
Angle for the sake of lots of angles.

agreed, and that totally squared off/rectangular black/unpainted area just looks totally horrible... like something i'd build outta legos.

What do you think?

Well, funny you should ask....I understand and would have to agree with what seems to be so many peoples thoughts about a Camaro theme to the rearend. But it simply boils down to the taillight design. But unfortunately, in my opinion, that's the only part of the new Camaro design that was completely screwed up. The rest of the car looks great, but, as for what I call the "4 bowl design": Total fumble. I sure hope they rethink that design in the next upgrade for the Camaro & NEVER go there with the Vette. But I love GM & the many amazing designs that they have given us & wish them the best in this new design. I guess, worst case scenario, if they do make a Vette I'm not thrilled with, it will just make me that much happier with mine! (As if that's even possible!) :rotfl :)

Nahh, it's not it, Not yet.

What do you think?

What do I think, unless they really mess it up I will want one badly. I also think this is a clever decoy. The spy photos seemed to have different details around certain features. I have to agree with the photoshop vote, I don't think this is quite it.

One other thought, I can't imagine there would be that much black plastic on the rear end - very low rent looking, and current design trends are minimizing or eliminating this type of accent.

Not bad, but a "branding" mis-que.

There's a little too much family resemblance to the Camaro....... and with monster ZL1 Camaro's chasing on Corvette's HP heels, to blur the "design line" at all would seem to me to be a huge mistake for Chevy.
But then again, that's sort of been GM's history with everything BUT the Corvette so far .....let's hope "The New GM" has a few more car-guys, and a couple of decent stylists, at the helm.

Attachments

• P1010092.jpg
    P1010092.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 81
IMO the roof line/rear window looks too Nissan 370Z rice-burnerish to me...with Camaro tail lights. God I hope this isn't it!

Does anyone here think that GM reads the threads on this site and others like it?

They (GM) admitted they're looking to appeal to both a younger demographic and global sales. Does that mean they're fixated on designing a car that the younger Asian and/or European video game playing demographic would like?

Personally, I think Tom Peters should've been fired after designing the Pontiac Aztek.

Okay, I'm a girl vette owner, So you have the tail lights that aren't exactly circles/ovals, whatever, what are the vertical things on each side? Are those back up lights? Dont care for the cheap plastic black on the original post by Rob. The link of renderings posted by stuckatcuse, at least those don't have the cheap plastic. not crazy about black aound taillights. Can't actually make up my mind whether I like it, if this is gonna be the C7. But then again, in 1997 when the C5 first came out, I hated it. Thought the a**end was so big it needed a school bus "emergency exit" sign on the back. But it grew on me and believe the readend of the C5 either got smaller or my eyesite got worse. Guess the rearend for any woman is important. Hmmmmm "Does this Corvette rearend make my butt look fat?" :rotfl

Last edited:
Old thread, that I missed, but if it's down on weight/size and up on power I could deal with it.

:thumb

Impossible !!

Let's hope not

Looks like a Lexus LF-A designer has been playing with a Corvette just to scare everybody.

From what Ive seen of the car its looks like crap.Hopefully G.M. is laughing at all of these spy shots and surprise us all with a really nice design.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom