Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Is This The C7 Corvette?

twiget

Corvette
In the market
Just found this pic on Bad Boy Vettes.com. According to Left Lane News.com this is the 2011 C7 and it will appear in the forth comming Transformers 2 movie.

e41616f5.jpg

This car is definitely a good fit for a Transformers movie, but that front end looks more like a Cadillac XLR than a Corvette. From the front bumper to the front wheels... :puke The profile doesn't look too bad though, and lets hope that the rear end doesn't follow the trend the front end set.

Jason

Let's Hope Not

Remo:cool

2010-Corvette-Concept.jpg

Seems like there are way too many lights on the car for it to be anything other than a movie car. Side marker lights fore and aft of the front wheel, round fog lamps in the grille, some sort of horizontal lamps in those wierd air foil cutouts, then two part head lights on the fender peak - that's twelve lamps in front of the doors.

Oh yeah, almost forgot:puke! If this is the new C7, it should do wonders for C6 sales:rotfl.

IMHO, that front end is pretty hard on the eyes. The roof, if removable, looks kind of weighty also. I'm almost afraid to see what the back looks like.

If that is the new C7, I know I'll never part with my c6 now!!

Oh yeah :puke

Okay, one good thing about it, it appears to have a clamshell hood. I really wish that had carried over from the C4 to the C5/6. So now we have one good thing:D.

Looks like it has a lot of XLR/Caddy influence...

L8TR - D

Looks like a lot of Photoshop to me.

Ugly f**ker, ain't it.
;LOL

Seriously, I doubt that's the C7. In fact, I'll guess that, with GM's current fiscal trauma, the industry-wide slump in North America and that much of the resources at GM (as well as Ford and Chrysler) are distracted by the coming revisions in CAFE, the program for C7 is moving slowly, at best.

My god, its a CadaVette! No thanks!!!!

I thought XLR right away.

Looks fine for a 2012 XLR but not for a Vette. The Vette has always had curves none of this hard angle stuff were starting to see.

Ill keep my Z.

;shrugObviously it looks more like a XLR. Definitely fits into the current design direction at GM.
But remember what everybody said when they introduced the C5 and C6..."you'll get used to it". I NEVER have and never will.

Sure there are positive design aspects of just about any car including the above. I like some of what they've done and HATE other parts. But good design is the balance of many good parts and bad. Bad design is just that.... bad design.
"Beauty in eye of beholder" was obviously propogated through antiquity by people with ZERO Aestetic sensibility....and apparently enough money to ___ away and the skill to persuade those of weak mind or wow us with engineering to make us forget the ugly design!

I hate to be Mr. dome and glome and i'm sure i'll get flamed for this.not that I don't deserve it --------------GM stock is down below $10 a share. lowest since 1952. I'm buying a c-6 asap because we may never see a c-7. May I add ,I hope we will.

I hate to be Mr. dome and glome and i'm sure i'll get flamed for this.not that I don't deserve it --------------GM stock is down below $10 a share. lowest since 1952. I'm buying a c-6 asap because we may never see a c-7. May I add ,I hope we will.

Unfortunately I think you're right...GM stock basicly hasnt been so low in price since the FIRST/c1 corvette!! BTW, those figures are adjusted for inflation but its still extremely sad!

I DO like the roof line/B-pillar area.....has a lot of the early C3 coupe lines.

Car is not my thing overall though.

remo, your hope not photo is it

it was shown at the detroit/chicago autoshow, they changed the rear end looks to more of a c5 look.this car looked really sweet at the chicago show. it will come with a turbo ls7, or a supercharged ls9:eek:hnoes.it will be the fastest vette ever produced, the interrior space will be alot wider, and longer. the c6,s downfall is how narrow and short the inside is...oh the inside scoop is it will be out as a 2014 in 2013.

it was shown at the detroit/chicago autoshow, they changed the rear end looks to more of a c5 look.this car looked really sweet at the chicago show. it will come with a turbo ls7, or a supercharged ls9:eek:hnoes.it will be the fastest vette ever produced, the interrior space will be alot wider, and longer. the c6,s downfall is how narrow and short the inside is...oh the inside scoop is it will be out as a 2014 in 2013.

Kurt - was this what they were showing?
Remo:cool

as09_stingray_first.jpg_20090211_13_45_31_77-282-400.imageContent

2010-Corvette-Concept.jpg

Paint it black and it could be the next Batmobile...

Jason

If you look between the fender bulges theres a big hint of C3 with the C6 grill opening. If someone could re-proportion that car on photoshop, it would look really cool. I see potential.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom