Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

It's time! Vette getting older and I am going to need some help:)

mckane1

Corvette
2001 Magnetic Red Convertible
Hi, I have owned a few Corvettes over the years and have one now I would love to keep. She is an '01 C5 Convertible Magnetic Red with just about every option available in an '01. I took a '67 Big Block 427 that belonged to a neighbor to the prom in high school and fell in love (with the car anyway:) I had always wanted a Vette since I was a little boy. I bought my first Vette a 1984 when I was in my 20's and have had a few others throughout the years but this '01 Convertible I would like to keep. She has about 110,000 miles now and still looks fantastic and draws many compliments and drives well. I had my first non normal maintenance/repair issue a couple weeks ago while on vacation at the beach in Port Aransas Texas, the old service column lock and couldn't go over 1.5 MPH. $1,000 later we are home safe and I expect I will be dealing with some other issues soon. Anyway My name is Mike and I live in the Dallas Fort Worth area. Hope to meet some others and keep my C5 for many years to come. Cleaned her up today and the parking lights and driving lights wont go off and the chime stays on with the keys out so here we go!:)

Thanks Rob! I always wanted an older ZR1, always loved those King of the Road Vettes! I had an '09 Z06 big block but one had to go and I decided to keep the convertible with a 350 in it.

Hey Mike! :w I'm kind of fond of Mag Red 01's myself. Welcome to CAC. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I will come along shortly to help you out with your issue. You might want to start a new thread about it in the C5 General area where it will receive more appropriate exposure.

We always like pictures of members Vettes. Throw one up so we can look at yours. :thumb

Hi and Thanks Tom!

I will put a picture up now, I just ran out to the drive way a snapped a couple. I hope the picture add function is not to complicated:/

add pic to profile?

I have added a pic of my Vette but don't see how to make it my profile pic? Oh well technical difficulties I have many:)

Thanks Mac!

Looks like I got it! I will get a better photo soon and get it up! Thanks again:)

Welcome to Corvette Action Center

Hello Mike and welcome aboard,, we're glad you've decided to join us :happyanim:

Sounds like some gremlins are starting to show them self in your C-5, should be someone to help you, that way we all learn as we go
:thumb

-Bill :w

Thanks Bill!

Yes, they're here:) But I really enjoy this '01 it's just a great all around vette for me, still very attractive and comfortable, she brings compliments but not to pretentious. I have a list of about a dozen item that I will be knocking out over the cool winter months but actually looking forward to doing them. Especially as I know they are all the items that all C5's eventually develop and are not to tough to deal with when you have the help and support of a group a folks with the same passion like this at CAC. Thanks again!:)

Thanks J

Thanks for the welcome!

You're welcome Mike. . . . .

Just glad you found us, a pleasure having you. There is a lot of good Corvette love'n folks that will do what they can to help.

-Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom