Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Important! I've had enough!!!

C

caseyk

In the recent past,I have posted threads about my headlight motor grinding,keyless entry not working,driver's door window problems,trunk lid release /fog light switch problems,tire pressure sensor problems,electrical anomolies,due to bad ground connections etc. and I have repaired a lot of these items as I can afford it,but it just seems like one thing after another. I was driving home today from work,in the rain(49 degrees),I hit a bump and my driver's side window fell down into the door,my DIC was going off about tire pressure and I was finally able to pull over.While it was raining,I dug through the back of the car and found a small pair of channel lock pliers and some electrical tape,I wrapped the end of the handle with the electrical tape and wedged it between the glass and the door panel,just to keep it up while I was driving.Once I was underway again I noticed that my oil pressure gauge was pegged out !!! I didn't get a check gauges light on my heads up or DIC.But when I scrolled through the gauges button it is showing that I have 128 lbs. of oil pressure!! I'm smoking mad at this point,I'm wet ,cold, irritated and freaking out about the 128 lbs. of oil pressure.WTF ?????? I am spent ladies and gentlemen call me a wuss or whatever but I can't seem to getr a break.

Out of patience,

Casey

Casey... I feel your pain. We've all been there before at some point or another. Try to put it in perspective, man. You drive a car that most would give anything to be able to afford! It's causing you grief - but when you get the bugs ironed out you will have a 350 HP beast that most anyone you know can't touch!

As for the oil pressure - I had the same issue with mine awhile back... here's the thread - CLICK.

It's probably your oil pressure sensor. Try this... turn on your key, but DON'T crank the engine. If the guage starts creeping up - it's your sending unit. Mine went to full guage when I tested it.

The manifold will have to be pulled to get at it. If your oil level is okay and the pressure creeps up with the key ON and the engine OFF it's the sender.

As for the window, I can't help you on that one... but I bet gmjunkie can make some suggestions. I'll see if I can roust him up and into this thread. :thumb

And when worse comes to worse... vent here! We're listening.
:wJane Ann

I find electrical problems the hardest to diagnose and repair on these newer computer controlled cars so I feel your pain. Looking at some of your older posts it appears that the gremlins been with you for a while and your car really hates getting wet. All that would indicate to me that there is a exposed wire somewhere or a loose connection that shorts out when wet. Probably a reason for your other past frustrations and not yet fixed. It can take some time but I would start with physical inspection around all inboard computers for moisture, water is getting somewhere where it shouldn't. Check behind passenger wheal and under fender for any cracks in the well/fender liner. Road junk like rocks or branches can crack this liner and that is where one of the computers resides. As for the oil pressure gage pegging 130 is most likely an pressure sending unit, a very common symptom of a bed sending unit. Not to ad to your frustration but it's a royal pain to replace. Good thing is that you can safely drive the car with the gage pegged until you have the time to repair it. The light at the end of this tunnel is that once you get that gremlin you will have a great car, good luck.

Casey... I feel your pain. We've all been there before at some point or another. Try to put it in perspective, man. You drive a car that most would give anything to be able to afford! It's causing you grief - but when you get the bugs ironed out you will have a 350 HP beast that most anyone you know can't touch!

As for the oil pressure - I had the same issue with mine awhile back... here's the thread - CLICK.

It's probably your oil pressure sensor. Try this... turn on your key, but DON'T crank the engine. If the guage starts creeping up - it's your sending unit. Mine went to full guage when I tested it.

The manifold will have to be pulled to get at it. If your oil level is okay and the pressure creeps up with the key ON and the engine OFF it's the sender.

As for the window, I can't help you on that one... but I bet gmjunkie can make some suggestions. I'll see if I can roust him up and into this thread. :thumb

Thanks for all of the feedback,as you can tell I am "venting".Times are tough here they have cut our hours back and Christmas is almost here,and my car is stressing me out. :bash I'm just going to take a deep breath,step back , make a plan and work it.I am ,by no means,"throwing in the towel". I just needed to whine a little bit.I almost feel better now and I haven't turned the first wrench LOL!!!!! :boogie I really appreciate you guys,again, thanks for the feedback!!

Low Mile Vehicles,are not necessarily a Good Thing!!!!!Most have set with the battery hooked up,sets in a garage and never gets fresh air through it to dry everything out good,then electrolysis sets in!!:hb:hb:hb
Grounds,Wiring Plugs and Switches get corroded!!!Ex specially in heavy salt air Climates!!:W:W:WIf you car is going to set over a month,Disconnect the Battery!!

1. grounds,Grounds,GROUNDS!! I mean find every 1 of the Engine and Chassis Grounds and clean them Good!!!Not Fast,Not Slow and by No Means Half Fast!!!:thumb(Grounds are a major cause of the electrical problems on any Vehicle,Corvettes are just a little worse because they have to have more of them because of the Plastic Body, but if you really want to have ground problems buy a Jag or a Porch!!) Just 1 bad ground can make electrical things do ALL sorts of weird Things!!:thumb

attachment.php

The Grounds on the top of frame behind the headlamp assembles are Gang plugs with several wires and need to be disassembled and every pin and connector cleaned!!

2. Tire Monitors, Battery expectancy is about 6-8 years +/-, Being a 2000 model,My guess yours are about up!! Replacement is probly due,battery replacement is possible,but you'll have more time in them than what it costs to replace them,and there is a possibility that you will have to Mount and Dismount 1 or more tires several times to test them!! Replace them and forget them!!:thumb

3.Oil Pressure Gauge!! My guess it's the sending unit or the wiring plug corroded!! I "never" remove and replace the intake without cleaning the plug and replacing the sending unit on a C5!!:thumb(The job don't pay worth a darn the second time around!!):D:D:D

4.Drivers Window Regulator!!
Replace that POS!! Cables are Stretched,Springs are Weak,I don't care who can make what with HillBilly engineering,It will always be a problem!!:thumb:thumb:thumb

PS Be American,Buy American!!
Foreign Sheet metal has it's faults too!!:thumb

:pat:D:D:D

Casey, I think I may have found the root of your car problems. According to the info in your avatar, you have a "200 Artic White Coupe". It's now towards the end of 2008, man, time to upgrade my friend!!! :L

Seriously though, I've been there with my C5, although the problems weren't quite as many as you've had. I learned that you just have to step back, take a deep breath or 2, exhale and everything will work out. We're here for ya man!!!

Low Mile Vehicles,are not necessarily a Good Thing!!!!!Most have set with the battery hooked up,sets in a garage and never gets fresh air through it to dry everything out good,then electrolysis sets in!!:hb:hb:hb
Grounds,Wiring Plugs and Switches get corroded!!!Ex specially in heavy salt air Climates!!:W:W:WIf you car is going to set over a month,Disconnect the Battery!!

1. grounds,Grounds,GROUNDS!! I mean find every 1 of the Engine and Chassis Grounds and clean them Good!!!Not Fast,Not Slow and by No Means Half Fast!!!:thumb(Grounds are a major cause of the electrical problems on any Vehicle,Corvettes are just a little worse because they have to have more of them because of the Plastic Body, but if you really want to have ground problems buy a Jag or a Porch!!) Just 1 bad ground can make electrical things do ALL sorts of weird Things!!:thumb

attachment.php

The Grounds on the top of frame behind the headlamp assembles are Gang plugs with several wires and need to be disassembled and every pin and connector cleaned!!

2. Tire Monitors, Battery expectancy is about 6-8 years +/-, Being a 2000 model,My guess yours are about up!! Replacement is probly due,battery replacement is possible,but you'll have more time in them than what it costs to replace them,and there is a possibility that you will have to Mount and Dismount 1 or more tires several times to test them!! Replace them and forget them!!:thumb

3.Oil Pressure Gauge!! My guess it's the sending unit or the wiring plug corroded!! I "never" remove and replace the intake without cleaning the plug and replacing the sending unit on a C5!!:thumb(The job don't pay worth a darn the second time around!!):D:D:D

Replace that POS!! Cables are Stretched,Springs are Weak,I don't care who can make what with HillBilly engineering,It will always be a problem!!:thumb:thumb:thumb

PS Be American,Buy American!!
Foreign Sheet metal has it's faults too!!:thumb

:pat:D:D:D

Ok,here is what I found when I opened up my driver's side door.The damage is obvious,but my question is: Can I just buy the cable assembly or do I have to buy the entire window regulator.The motor works fine.The cables are trashed.I would like to see if I can just buy the cables and replace them.From what I can tell,the pulleys look to be ok,but I will double check those prior to ordering anything.I did brace the window in the up position,because depending on the cost of all of this I may have to wait until Christmas is over with before I can afford to fix it.I am just relieved that I was able to get the window up so I can keep the rain out of it.If someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.;shrugThis job appears like it is going to be really fun!! :bash In the picture 004,the cable is stuck in behind the pulley.Should I cut the cable to get it out?As you can see in 002 the cable is bunched up pretty bad,it made a wonderful noise going up and down until it finally broke!!LOL!!:boogie

Ok,here is what I found when I opened up my driver's side door.The damage is obvious,but my question is: Can I just buy the cable assembly or do I have to buy the entire window regulator.The motor works fine.The cables are trashed.I would like to see if I can just buy the cables and replace them.From what I can tell,the pulleys look to be ok,but I will double check those prior to ordering anything.I did brace the window in the up position,because depending on the cost of all of this I may have to wait until Christmas is over with before I can afford to fix it.I am just relieved that I was able to get the window up so I can keep the rain out of it.If someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.;shrugThis job appears like it is going to be really fun!! :bash In the picture 004,the cable is stuck in behind the pulley.Should I cut the cable to get it out?As you can see in 002 the cable is bunched up pretty bad,it made a wonderful noise going up and down until it finally broke!!LOL!!:boogie

Replace that POS!! Cables are Stretched,Springs are Weak,I don't care who can make what with HillBilly engineering,It will always be a problem!!
:thumb:thumb:thumb

:D:D:D

Checking in with a comment!

It's been a while since I posted here. I confess I've just been busy. This post just says so much about the people here. I recently purchased a 6 series Bimmer for my daily beater. If I were to post a little rant on their forum, there would be 100 people giving me directions to the bridge. :boogie Sorry I've been gone so long. I'd forgotten how cool this site is. And, of course I still have the mighty Yellow Beast. Cheers!:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom