Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

J55, ZR1 Vs GrandSport Calipers

jsinga

Corvette
87 Silver Coupe Way over 200k miles
Anyone know it There is any difference in hieght between a GrandSport and ZR1, J55 caliper?
I know the ZR1 calipers will fit under the Enkei wheels I have but I don't know if the GrandSport calipers have higher fins over the top. The clearance between the ZR1 parts and 16in wheels is very close.
If I can find used parts for the right price I'm going to upgrade my 87, and I'm not going to buy 17in wheels and tires now. I'd hate to get GrandSport calipers and them not fit.

Thanks,

JS

A common upgrade for the ZR-1 is the Grand Sport brake set up. However the ZR-1's run 17X9.5 fronts and 17X11 rears. So you may have to go to the 17 inch wheels, don't know for sure. Others will post that have done the conversion. Good luck 84 CF 91 ZR-1

I have the GS calipers, and it seems tight with the 17 inch wheels... I really don't think they will fit.... Do you know of a way to measure it? if you do I can measure it for you, but I need to know how.

I got the brake template from Baer for the PBR caliper sport system to check it.

JS

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom