Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

jack stands

grumpyvette

I think youll find these very handy if you work on cars and don,t have a lift
BTW the 12 ton stands are PREFERED as they have a WIDER BASE and EXTRA STRENGTH,(if IM GOING UNDER A CAR I DON,T WANT TO BENCH PRESS THE DAMN THING TO GET OUT FROM UNDER IT)
how much is you LIFE WORTH,BUY THE !12 ton RATED STANDS they are MUCH safer than the 3-6 ton stands IF ONLY BECAUSE THEY ARE FAR HARDER TO TIP OVER IF SOMEONE ROCKS THE CAR!

2 Piece Set
These super heavy duty jack stands will hold most cars and trucks safely over 2 feet off the ground. Perfect for repair work or storage.
Height: 19-1/2'' to 30-1/8''
Base: 12'' x 12-1/2''
Weight: 68 lbs.

THIS ABOVE IS RIGHT OFF THE HF WEB SITE

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Disp...temnumber=34924

second, thing is IVE used a set of four very similar 12 ton jack stands from NORTHERN TOOL for years, with no problems what so ever , and when they are in their low setting they are at about the right height to allow you to work under the corvette

144872_lg.jpg

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/sto...19&categoryId=0

Torin Pair of 12–Ton Jack Stands
2 heavy–duty steel jack stands at one low price! Double locking pawl and tooth design for extra protection. Minimum height is 18 1/8in. Maximum height is 28in.
In Stock
Ship Wt. 63.0 lbs
Item# 144872
Discount Price... $64.99
Sale Price... $54.99
110% Guaranteed Lowest Price!

youll be getting them at a significant discount if they price match, which they should

I have always used 3 ton jackstands from craftsman. I guess I never thought of it from that standpoint. I have bought things from harbor freight before and most of the products are great. Thanx for the idea, I might go down and get a set of four.

Craig

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom