Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Jacking points

90coupe

Just got a beautiful 90 coupe (70K miles, ride control, six speed) last week. Spent a few hours changing oil/filter, brake fluid etc.. What is the best way to raise the back of the car with a floor jack? Autocrossing for the first time this weekend and want to check out the rear suspension etc. prior. I'll need a new exhaust system soon. Any recomendations. I would like something not to loud but with better than stock flow. Also, any suggestions on headers? The l98 could use some help in the power dept. so a three angle valve job and porting are on the list of future projects and I'll need headers to increase flow. Any suggestions are welcome.

You can raise the rear by placing a floor jack under the third member and lifting it high enough to get jackstands under the rear factory jacking points.

With the front, you can lift it from the crossmember with the floor jack, once you figure how to get the jack under the front air dam. I put my front end on Rhino ramps then lift the front to get the jackstands under the front factory jacking points.

Hope that helps you. :upthumbs

Thanks for the response!!! Great site, good source of information. Super car, my wife really likes it!! Thank Goodness!!

:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom