Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! James Brown

godfather8421

Corvette
1998 red coupe
Hello,

Just found this site today! Anyway I have an 98 Coupe with 60,000 miles. The AC is not working properly. I wrote down the codes and reset.
At first the AC blew semi cool air and then it started sending out hot air. I have a dual control and both sides seem to blow out hot air now. From
my past experiance with other cars its been the actuater door but would really would like to hear from someone more knowledgeable. Also my control unit is very dim. I dont think this is related because its been that way for awhile. I would also like to know if this is perhaps the problem ( the door), then is very difficult to fix on my own.

Any help or advice you have is much apprecieted!

These are all the codes that come up:

10-PCM P1431H A1-RDCM B2283 H
99-HVAC BO#61 H A1-RDCM B2285 H
99-HVAC B0363 HC A1-RDCM V1064 H
99-HVAC Bo365 H A6-SCM B2177H
99- HVAC B0441 HC A6-SCM B2187H
99-HVAC B0446 HC A6-SCM Bo851H
AO-LDCM B2282 H A6-SCM V1160
A)-LDCM B2284 H BO-RFA C2120HC
AO-LDCM B2284 H
AO-LDCM V1064 H

Not sure if these indicated the problems but this is what came up:):)

Welcome! :w

You'll want to review this thread for help on decoding the codes. Looks like there's a couple current HVAC ones, so I'd start with those.

The HVAC problem could be simple or difficult to fix. Somewhere around the C5 forum is a thread dealing with a reset procedure on the HVAC that may resolve the actuator problem for you. If that doesn't work, it's probably going to be a more involved repair -- and one of the C5 gurus will need to weigh in on it. Be patient and one of them will be along to help you directly.

To try and see if resetting the actuators helps do this:

Pull fuses 18 and 27 in the I/P fuse box and wait at least one minute. Reinstall and let us know.

Need you to pull your codes again since you say you cleared them. Do this after you go for a drive. You seem to have a issue with the LDCM/RDCM/SCM circuits we've seen many many times.

PS: If you expect many of the gurus to ACTUALLY respond to a Technical Thread like you titled it you should buy a lottery ticket.

Last edited:
Welcome to CAC!!!!
enjoy the forums!!!

Thank you!

Hello Bill 81vette and BP Duke

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond

Bill I followed your instructions..taking out 18 and 27 fuses.. put them back in and Bingo! COLD AIR! Not sure if its going last but for right now its the quickes simpliest cheapest fix around. No telling how much a service shop would have charged. Anyway your instructions were to list codes and here they go:

10-PCM No codes
28-TCS No codes
40-BCM No codes
60 IPC No codes
80 Radio No codes
99HVAC B0361 H
" " B0363 H
" " BO 367 H
" " Bo441 HC
" " B)446 HC

AO-LDCM NO codes
A1- RDCM No Codes
A6- SCM No codes
BO -RFA No codes
No more codes.

Glad to be on CAC and to me you are the Tech Travel Guru!

Hello,

Just found this site today! Anyway I have an 98 Coupe with 60,000 miles. The AC is not working properly. I wrote down the codes and reset.
At first the AC blew semi cool air and then it started sending out hot air. I have a dual control and both sides seem to blow out hot air now. From
my past experiance with other cars its been the actuater door but would really would like to hear from someone more knowledgeable. Also my control unit is very dim. I dont think this is related because its been that way for awhile. I would also like to know if this is perhaps the problem ( the door), then is very difficult to fix on my own.

Any help or advice you have is much apprecieted!

These are all the codes that come up:

10-PCM P1431H A1-RDCM B2283 H
99-HVAC BO#61 H A1-RDCM B2285 H
99-HVAC B0363 HC A1-RDCM V1064 H
99-HVAC Bo365 H A6-SCM B2177H
99- HVAC B0441 HC A6-SCM B2187H
99-HVAC B0446 HC A6-SCM Bo851H
AO-LDCM B2282 H A6-SCM V1160
A)-LDCM B2284 H BO-RFA C2120HC
AO-LDCM B2284 H
AO-LDCM V1064 H

Not sure if these indicated the problems but this is what came up:):)

Glad the reset worked.

I want you to clear all your codes. We have the history now.

If you have any more HVAC issues please let us know in THIS THREAD so we keep the history in one place.

If you have any other issues not related to HVAC please create a new Thread so we keep this one focused on HVAC. Please title it with the problem. People searching for problems and solutions need to be able to search based on a proper description. Mr. Sam

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom