Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Jay

jamesc

Corvette
I would like too se if I can get answer to this
My 2002 corvette has had various electrical problems, the latest one is next to the fuse box on the passenger side, I get a buzzing sound when I shut off the engine then if I lisiten the buzzing continues after the ignition is off and the battery discharges and I can't start without booster, I played with the connections that plug into the alum box the buzzing stops but the car is dead no starting or power to the car. can you tell me what I need to do ????
Jay

Moving out of the Site Help and Feedback forum and into the correct C5 Tech Forum...

It sounds like you may have a relay that is not shutting down once the ignition is turned off. Could be the fuel pump relay. It will take a little detective work, so be patient. The Factory Service Manual is your friend.

I agree it is a relay. It is not rocket science, just put your hand on the various relays in the passenger foot well to figure out which one. Most are in the I/P fuse box but a couple are just above it.

Let us know and we can go from there.

I'm not so sure about that.
I get a buzzing noise when I turn off my car too. Then I give my head a good shake and it turns into a rattle. Usually quits shortly after that.:W

Tank

That's a great trick turning your head in a rattle. :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom