Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Jet-Hot Coating

Buckskin7T7V

Corvette
1977 Buckskin
Has anyone had there exhaust manifolds Jet-Hot coated?
I am mainly interested in stock cast exhaust manifolds not headers. I would like to know if the coating really does drop the under the hood temperture.

Yes, I used their coating on my Hooker Super Comps. And yes, it definitely reduces the temp!

Yes, I used their coating on my Hooker Super Comps. And yes, it definitely reduces the temp!

I also have Hooker Super Competition headers on my Camaro, and was thinking about getting the Jet-hot coating. How much do they charge for headers?

Free Quote

http://www.jet-hot.com/

They now have a place in Pa. also. They've been around a while and I know of more happy customers than unhappy ones. Due to time and the trying of four different sets of headers to find ones that didn't need alteration, I didn't get mine done. I will be putting a remote oil filter on in the hext month or so because of the access and heat from the headers and I'll be getting them coated at that time.

My Hookers are coated and besides the reduction of heat they look great.

Damn... I just checked Jet Hot's website, and they are cheaper than Summit Racing. And on top of that, Jet Hot's "sterling" finish, which is better than their ceramic, is cheaper than Summit's ceramic. Less expensive AND better for the same base product (Hooker Headers). Ah well..live and learn!

I filled out the price quote request form on the Jet-Hot web page - and received a package from them today with some great info. Interesting - they coat both outside and inside of the headers with the ceramic/sterling silver coating... sounds like a plausible way to help reduce heat from the headers.

They quoted $275 for both headers.

And...............

Your reply was.................?

Your reply was.................?

They quoted $275 for both headers (see last line of my post above). If the coating does what it's supposed to do, probably worth every penny.

I'd Say

Go for it, that's a good price. Like I said earlier, I'm doing mine in a few weeks when it warms up a bit.;)

for the max heat reduction you need to coat inside as this prevents the heat from getting to the header material and the outside coat protect the header. after a period of time race cars that are under constant WOT will flake off the outside coating if just coated on the outside

just picked up some new blockhagger headers for my 66 at a swap meet sunday not sure when i will get time to put them on but they look great..

Go ahead and git 'er done. Jet Hot coating is worth every penny they charge. Not too sure how well it will do for heat reduction on cast exh. manifolds, but they will sure be a lot prettier. I had a set of Clifford headers Jet-Hot coated in 1990 for my 292 inline six in my '59 Biscayne and they still look like new.

I was real concerned about underhood heat in my plastic hot rod so I wrapped the full length headers rather than go the Jet-Hot route and they are butt-ugly, but get the heat reduction job done. I doubt your cast manifolds add anywhere near the underhood heat as full length headers.

Dave

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom