Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Jump Start

V

Vette66AirCoupe

Yesterday I needed a jump when I could least afford the time. My neighbor was outside so I asked him to help push my car outside so I could jump it off one of the vettes. He brought over his portable jump device and we got it going real quick. I think they are called power stations. His even had an air pump feature included. Anyway, my question is, do any of you guys have any advice as to the brand I should buy? Any stories good or bad about reliability? I saw this one at Pep Boys web site, anybody have any experience with it? Thanks.

http://pepboys.shoplocal.com/pepboy...rge&storeid=2314637&rapid=533219&pagenumber=7

Terry -- I have this one from Harbor Freight -- $55 on sale. I like the one from PepBoys because it has a 200w inverter also. Make sure you get one with a lot of cranking amps.

ITEM 40615
12V JUMP-START SYSTEM 650/1200 AMPS
1200 Peak Amps
Bigger battery allows you to jump start bigger vehicles and machinery. Jump starts one ton trucks and diesel engines, and ideal for cars. Built-in 3.6 watt spotlight lets you see at night. Rechargeable 24 amp hour sealed lead acid battery.
Includes: cigarette-lighter adapter, and charger
Easy to read power meter
Portable at 25 lbs.

Make sure you get one with a lot of cranking amps.

I second this!
We have two jump boxes at work since we end up with dead batteries in cars it seems almost daily. One jump box ALWAYS works and gets the cars started. The second one is newer but was much cheaper and has less cranking amps and at least half of the time it's not enough to get get the cars started even though it has a full 100% charge in it. The lights will come on, other acessories will work but not enough amps to crank the cars over. From experience most of us now just ignore the second jump box as a useless piece of crap and always grab the first one.
When you need the jump box on one of your cars the last thing you need is the hassle of dealing with one that isn't going to work so it's worth it to get one with a higher cranking amp capacity

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom