Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Just a Note to Say "Howdy" from Texas

Mocart4u

Corvette
1994 Admiral Metalic Blue C-4 Coupe
Howdy Ya'll, I'm a newbie to the CAC. I just joined your club yesterday but I have owned my C-4, Admiral Metallic Blue Corvette for nearly 15 years.
I have just retired from my biz and now I get to play. My latest project was to un-retire the C-4 and get her back on the road. Last Tuesday, that was accomplished.

I had her parked and covered in this building for the last 6 years. So far I had to replace the fuel center & float and tires and now I need replace the bushings for the headlights.
:happyanim:

Now that the Corvette is back, here is the next project that I just started on. This is a '71 Roadrunner with the 383 & Hurst 4 speed quick shift. I think this will take a little longer than the C-4 did.

On Thursday, I replaced both of the headlight motor gears & bushings on the C-4. Now both of the headlights work just the way they are suppose to...
I found a YouTube video online that showed me the step by step procedure. That sure made it a breeze. Thanks YouTube!

Attachments

• corvette.jpg
    corvette.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 117
  • C-4 & Hummer.jpg
    C-4 & Hummer.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 126
  • roadrunner.jpg
    roadrunner.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Nice! Congrats on your retirement and welcome to the Corvette Action Center! :thumb

Welcome to CAC!!
enjoy!!!

:welcome

Nice to have a shop where you can tackle projects like the C4 and the Runner. How long have you had the Runner?

Last edited:
Welcome to the group! It must be great to have the time to work on your projects. Both of those cars look like fun.

Welcome to Corvette Action Center and Congratulations

Just a Note to Say "Howdy" from Texas

Howdy Ya'll, I'm a newbie to the CAC. I just joined your club yesterday but I have owned my C-4, Admiral Metallic Blue Corvette for nearly 15 years.
I have just retired from my biz and now I get to play. My latest project was to unretired the C-4 and get her back on the road. Last Tuesday, that was accomplished.​

Welcome aboard and congratulations on your recent retirement :happyanim:

I just retire myself this past December 27th and love'n every second of it :thumb The C-4 looks great, drive it like you stole it and enjoy not only it, redoing the Road Runner and retirement.

My son in law has a 71 Road Runner and drives it about everyday in the summer, it's the orange that was available back then, He also has a GTX the green (I call it OD but not sure what they really called it) that was available in those days that he is trying to sell. It's all there and original. He is a MOPAR freak so to speak, you two need to get together :L

-Bill :w

Welcome to the party.....I had a 69 Roadrunner back in the day......383 and a Torqueflite.....had a lot of fun with it.....

I see there are some current and ex Mopar folks here.

I was a Mopar guy for a few years also - way back when Muscle cars were still pretty new.

Dad gave me the keys to a '65 Dodge Monaco, 383 auto, when I started college.

I bought a '69 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto while in college and drove it for a couple of years.

Bought a '69 Hemi RoadRunner auto once I got in the Air Force after college. Drove the Hemi for almost 12 years before selling it to a collector in Atlanta. Wonder if he still has it?

In inherited a '68 Charger R/T in the mid '90s but sold it once it was running again.

Last edited:
:welcome

Nice to have a shop where you can tackle projects like the C4 and the Runner. How long have you had the Runner?

Hi Tuna,

I bought the RR in 2002 at "GoodGuys" out at TX Motor Speedway. I played with her for about 8 months and then I bought and begin developing my second sign & graphics company so I parked her. Now that I have retired and turned the biz over to my wife & son, I now have the time & energy to play again!

Mocart4u

Welcome aboard and congratulations on your recent retirement :happyanim:

I just retire myself this past December 27th and love'n every second of it :thumb The C-4 looks great, drive it like you stole it and enjoy not only it, redoing the Road Runner and retirement.

My son in law has a 71 Road Runner and drives it about everyday in the summer, it's the orange that was available back then, He also has a GTX the green (I call it OD but not sure what they really called it) that was available in those days that he is trying to sell. It's all there and original. He is a MOPAR freak so to speak, you two need to get together :L

-Bill :w

Hi Bill,

I retired on Dec. 23rd, 2012. The first 6 months were the most difficult for me after being self-employed for the last 30 years in the sign & graphics industry in the Dallas area. But I think I have found another passion and I believe it will be extremely rewarding!

Mocart4u

I see there are some current and ex Mopar folks here.

I was a Mopar guy for a few years also - way back when Muscle cars were still pretty new.

Dad gave me the keys to a '65 Dodge Monaco, 383 auto, when I started college.

I bought a '69 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto while in college and drove it for a couple of years.

Bought a '69 Hemi RoadRunner auto once I got in the Air Force after college. Drove the Hemi for almost 12 years before selling it to a collector in Atlanta. Wonder if he still has it?

In inherited a '68 Charger R/T in the mid '90s but sold it once it was running again.

Tuna, I think I'm gonna call this my "MoCar" project vs "Mopar" project. LOL

And when I finish it will be known as "MoCar's", "Mopar". LOL

Welcome to the :CAC

Glad you have come back for the "dark side". LOL

Welcome to the Forum, Mocart4u. Enjoy your free time. :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom