Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Just bought C5 1999 convertible - A/C acts randomly

edman610

Corvette
1999 C5 Red Convertible
I just bought a 1999 convertible, and the air conditioning exhibits several problems:
1. the airflow from the fan is remarkably low.
2. The unit will randomly set to 90 degrees. Sometimes after you shut off/on the car, sometimes while driving.
3. The passenger side blows somewhat cold, but the drivers side (much lower airflow) blows warm to room temp air.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Ed

The first place to start is to make sure that the freon level is correct, also check for any stored codes through he dic.

First off...Welcome to CAC! :w The C5 is a nice platform, you'll enjoy it. That said, it sounds like a classic issue of the control face problem.

Thanks guys. I'm going to check the r134 level Wed, but curious about the control face problem. I heard about the 8 little resistor issue that makes the screen dim or blank, but this is a new one.

The fan speed seems VERY slow, wondering if there's a filter, or fuse/breaker for that, but when the AC is on, the passenger side gets cool, drivers side not so much. Also from time to time the temp setting jumps straight to 90 degrees.

I checked, NO HVAC codes.

Does this mean I need to replace the HVAC controller?

Thanks again, guys, this forum is great.

It's my 1st Corvette, and I love it so far. I need to figure out how to add a photo of it to my profile.

Thanks
Ed

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom