Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Just curuous - Throaty sound

Jerrys95vette

Corvette
C4 1995 Corvette Base
I am just curious at this point, as I have depleted my car allowance for the next six + months… Borla or Corsa exhaust system – which is the best and/or has the best sound?
I have not (and have no early plans at this point) made any modification to the motor/trans, just stock for now.
However, I sure would like to have that throaty sound. So, with factory headers, what is the consensus on these two exhausts? And for that matter I dare not ask that you leave out any other brands. These two brands range from $1,300+ to $1500. Since I’m really only interested in sound, for now, paying less would be ok with me. However, if I strike it rich (ha ha) and later do add mods, I don’t want to be stuck with an exhaust that will have to be replaced.

Thanks to all CACs

I had CORSA on my '92 (with LT4+ upgrade) and I really liked the sound. One of the best parts of the CORSA besides the nice outside sound, it didn't drone you out while cruising at 1500-1800 RPM like most of the other C4 systems

An added benefit is that the CORSA installation on my fortified '92 added 22 HP at the rear wheels - I dyno'ed it before and after.

Another vote for Corsa. Had it on my 94 and loved the sound and even loved more, was no drone in the car at any RPM. Corsa is pricey, but well worth the cost.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom