Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Just Finished My 1981 Vette... Pics!!!!

golfradict

Corvette
Silver 1981 Corvette with 23.5K miles Nov./2012
Started the Vette last December and just drove it home, wanted to share my excitement. It's a 1981 with only 20K miles on it. It was a show car until the owner wrecked it.

This is a pic of the car last December when I purchased it.
MVC-033S-1.jpg
Removed all the damaged parts
Photo0104-1.jpg
Found a used front end from a water damaged Vette.
Photo0157.jpg
Stripped the old paint off the entire car, quite a messy job.
Photo0036.jpg
All parts were removed for priming and fresh paint.
Photo0073.jpg
Inside the paint booth.
Photo0111.jpg
Photo0124.jpg
All the original stickers were taped over for the color coats, then the tape was removed for the clear coating.
Photo0152.jpg
Looks like I need to post again, I can only post 8 pics at a time.

This is the second post from the thread: Just Finished My 1981 Vette... Pics!!!!Replace all the old weather seals.
Photo0156_001.jpg
Lots of messy wet sanding.
Photo0175_001.jpg
I will skip through all the newly installed parts because I can only post 8 pics at a time. Here is a list of most of the new parts installed, new brakes, master cylinder, rotors, calipers, lights with vacuum kit, wheels, shocks, adjustable struts, dash, speakers, retrofit radio, air dam, radiator, condenser. Had the carb rebuilt. Here is a pic of the car heading for a 4 wheel alignment and tuning.
Photo0208_001.jpg
Fresh premium gas and off for some pics.
randyscorvette020.jpg
randyscorvette001.jpg
randyscorvette005.jpg
Finally home in my shop after 8 months of work. The car was done for my 50th birthday.
Photo0212.jpg
Hope you enjoyed...........:w:beer

Beautiful!!

Always great to see one saved and restored to her glory! And she does look glorious too - great job!

BTW... I combined your threads so that it would be easier to see all the pix at once.

Congrats on the completion of your mission, now get out there and drive it like you stole it! :thumb One good thing is you have year round driving weather in Baton Rouge! :upthumbs

Here's a wave from your neighbor in Mississippi!
:wJane Ann

attachment.php

Happy birthday!!!!!

I just realized today IS your BIRTHDAY - what a fantastic birthday present to yourself!!!

Happy birthday to you!! :birth
Hope you have many more down the road and you can spend each of them enjoying your C3!!

EDIT: I just realized today isn't your birthday... it was several days ago. Pay me no mind as I'm slowly going crazy. Lucky for me, it will be a short trip. :L

A belated Happy Birthday to you!
JA

I just realized today IS your BIRTHDAY - what a fantastic birthday present to yourself!!!

Happy birthday to you!! :birth
Hope you have many more down the road and you can spend each of them enjoying your C3!!

EDIT: I just realized today isn't your birthday... it was several days ago. Pay me no mind as I'm slowly going crazy. Lucky for me, it will be a short trip. :L

A belated Happy Birthday to you!
JA
Hey, thanks so much for combining the threads and for the Happy Birthday wish. It was Aug. the 4th. as I am sure you found out :L
It was my best ever birthday also the first time I have ever driven a C3. :rotfl

It really looks great - good job. Don't crushem - savem!!!!

Thanks for sharing!:w

Very very,nice job!!!!!:thumb :thumb

enjoy!! BTW the grin come with the vette!!!!!
and Happy Birthday last week!!!It is a great present isn't it!!!!!!!!:thumb :thumb:thumb

Very very,nice job!!!!!:thumb :thumb

enjoy!! BTW the grin come with the vette!!!!!
and Happy Birthday last week!!!It is a great present isn't it!!!!!!!!:thumb :thumb:thumb

Thanks Bill, great to see other "81" Vette owners, there's nothing like driving a C3. Hey, nice license plate, gotta personalize mine too. :thumb

Very nice save! And happy belated birthday.

Awesome work

Great Job and thanks for sharing. Awesome to see another one saved!

Great Job and thanks for sharing. Awesome to see another one saved!

Hey thanks, your car looks awesome. I enjoyed all the work saving my "81", I have always wanted a C3. A good friend of mine that owns a paint and body shop originally purchased the car with a salvaged title, just to use it for parts. After looking at the condition, low original documented miles, and that it was used as a show car, I was hooked and wanted to get it back to "show car" condition. My buddy said he could get it back to the condition it was in when it was driven off the showroom floor, so I got to help with every detail of the process for the last 7 months. The car is a dream-come-true for me, still hard to believe it is really mine, also can't wait to get it to a car show.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom