Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Just fired up the 383, HOLY *** !

scott

Still thinking on doing that 700R4 swap and wanting to upgrade the 350. Don't know who I trust as far as trans and engine. Who, where and what did you get for yours. Sonds mean and those mustangs here in Arizona need mean! Just redid suspension and put Hooker sidepipes on, interior is done. Engine then transmission and the car will be almost complete.

Wamp '74:)

Seeing as you are close to Kalifornia I would deal with Bow Tie Overdrives for your 700r4. Not sure what to tell you about who to deal with for the motor, I'm kind of leary dealing with a long distance engine builder, if I can't drop into the shop and see what's going on I don't feel good. My motor was done by a friend of mine and I knew exactly what I was getting. Talk to the local race guys and club members and see what name pops up the most for having a good reputation, then drop in and see if they show you the shop. I had my tranny done local but dealt a lot with Steve Holmes the owner of 700r4.com for everything else related , very helpful and even called me from his cell phone while he was on the road to answer my questions which took about an hour. I'd gladly deal with them anytime.

I bought one of the heavy duty torque convertors, speedo gears, TV cable setup and braided trans lines from them and it was all as advertised, included directions that even I could follow....looks great too.

That engine looks great, what ignition system are you using with it?

gdh said:
That engine looks great, what ignition system are you using with it?

Plain old stock goodies except an Accel Super coil and Accel blueprint series distributor. I'm thinking about getting an MSD box but I haven't had time to research that yet.